Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2007, 09:08 PM   #1 
swissescapes

Mixing Betta's with Other Fish!

I am soooo amaze at how well my Male betta gets along with My 2 Molly's!Betta's Have soo much beauty and grace! I truly do beleave with enough space..the Betta is a very social Fish..Not this Meat Fighting Fish!
I would really like to put My Female Betta in with the Male betta..I think it would be quite interesting to Watch them Mate..lol :P
swissescapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:36 AM   #2 
bee

it is considered that a betta maybe mixed with fish if the tank is 20 gallsons are larger with plenty of plants or hiding space. if your tank is smaller and you notice your betta is puffing up its gills or following yoru fish around it may look like "getting along" but really he is harassing your fish.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #3 
herefishy
Banned

Male bettas are relatively tolerant of other fish until it comes to members of their own and their own sex. If you are intending to breed bettas, I would suggest getting 2-3 females per male. The male will continuously harass a single female if he is ready to breed and she is not. He may even drive her to the point of killing her. Not good.

I would add floating plants such as elodea to the tank. This will provide cover for the females until they are receptive and help to anchor the bubble nest.
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 AM   #4 
swissescapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefishy
Male bettas are relatively tolerant of other fish until it comes to members of their own and their own sex. If you are intending to breed bettas, I would suggest getting 2-3 females per male. The male will continuously harass a single female if he is ready to breed and she is not. He may even drive her to the point of killing her. Not good.

I would add floating plants such as elodea to the tank. This will provide cover for the females until they are receptive and help to anchor the bubble nest.
Yes thank u...Very Good advice!
swissescapes is offline   Reply With Quote