Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #1 
BETTACHKALOVE

i am having a heart attacke

i was on yahoo .com and saw the post where someone got a betta from somewhere in a cup and he was asking how to cook it.

I just wish betta would cost more money and people donít breed so many of them. It so heard breaking. And people really giving advice how to cook a betta. And it not a joke.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #2 
bastage

heh.. I dont know of anything alive on this planet that isn't food for someone.. Unless the whole world went vegan some animal's are going to have to die.
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #3 
Luimeril

that person was trolling. :T you don't go to the pet store to buy a fish to cook, you either go fishing, or buy fish from the store. a betta would be enough to make you hungry, anyways.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #4 
BETTACHKALOVE

A lot of people really don't care about animals and they really don't understand that fish can be a pet. I am embarrassed for ears ago i didn'A lot of people really don't care about animals and they really don't understand that fish can be a pet. I am embarrassed for ears ago i didn't care about fish until my boyfriend brought me a betta. Now i am addicted, just in love. I will always have them.
t care about fish until my boyfriend brought me a betta. Now i am addicted, just in love. I will always have them.
But since I was 8 years old and my father used to bring fish from fishing to cook and I always put them in the tab to let them swim and asked my father to let them go..
Old 12-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #5 
peaches3221

I remember some troll on here once was asking for "recipes" on how to cook betta's
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #6 
bastage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches3221 View Post
I remember some troll on here once was asking for "recipes" on how to cook betta's
haha I actually wouldn't mind having some recipes if there are some real authentic ones floating around.. not because I want to eat my fish, but because that would be a cool background (in a demented ironic sort of way).
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #7 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

I don't think there are any. Bettas are too small to be on a human plate. But the giant gourami, a relative of bettas, are commonly eaten in SE Asia. So if you are really looking for a anabatoid recipe, I'd look for something that involved giant gourami.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #8 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I don't think there are any. Bettas are too small to be on a human plate. But the giant gourami, a relative of bettas, are commonly eaten in SE Asia. So if you are really looking for a anabatoid recipe, I'd look for something that involved giant gourami.
Actually those are really good! Similar to Tilapia. :) My BF's parents cooked one for a family meal the other night (they're Vietnamese).
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 AM   #9 
Thunderloon

Its trolling; everybody knows you use butter.

DO NOT SCREAM AT ME.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #10 
BETTACHKALOVE

I am working with someone, she is huge animal lover. She don't eat meat because of that . I am a huge animal lover and fish lover, and i eat fish and meat. We are friends with that girl , and she is always make fun of me because I eat meat and fish,and tell you the truth i am embarrassed. But if any restaurant will offer me a betta i will probably snick in the kitchen and rescue all of them. I am so glad that bettas are too small on a human plate.

People have such a crazy ideas....where is coming from..i wish everyone will think what is good and what is bad.