Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #1 
revolutionrocknroll

What do you think of my band?

Hey guys,
What do you think of my band, Dented Personality? Here's a link to our music!
http://www.facebook.com/dentedperson...app_2405167945

We're an alternative rock band with a range of influences. We're going to record a new album sometime this winter, release it in the spring, and then do a tour this summer.

I'd really appreciate it if you checked us out!

revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #2 
erinandares

I went and looked, and I like it. Normally, I listen to harder stuff, which is kind of what I expected when I read alternative rock, lol. I like the lead singer's voice. Specifically, I like the M.I.A. cover and Lessons. You said in your other thread you're the guitarist? How long have you guys been together? Who specifically are some of your influences? When you say new album, do you mean a second one, or just the debut album? I didn't creep all over your guys' fb (mostly because fb hates me D:)... Sorry for the question overload, just curious. :3
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #3 
revolutionrocknroll

No, don't worry, it's awesome! I'm so glad you checked us out!
We've been together since April? 2009.
As for influences... that's kind of a big question xD Between the four of us, we pretty much listen to everything. I personally listen to a lot of punk, pop punk, alt rock, and 60's rock n' roll. My singer is really into ska, but he listens to a lot of different genres as well like alt rock, pop rock, punk. The drummer and bassist like punk, metal, pop punk, screamo type stuff I guess. Just... everything.
As for specific bands... that's an even harder question. Green Day, Less than Jake, the Clash, the Wombats, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, the Beatles, Blink 182, Sick Puppies, Killers, um um um, I don't know! D:
Yeah, it's going to be our second album, but our first professional one! We didn't really spend a lot of time on the last one, and the quality's not great. Plus our sound has changed a lot, so we're really excited to make this new one. We used to have a different drummer, and he wrote almost all of the lyrics, and some of the music for our old songs, but now we have a lot of new songs written mostly by me and our singer.
You can download our first album and our newer demo for free: http://dentedpersonality.bandcamp.com/
It says "buy now, name your price" but I'm pretty sure you can do $0 or something like that.
Thanks so much for checking us out! I really appreciate it, and I'm glad you like us. Especially the singer because he's got that type of voice that people either love or hate, you know?
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #4 
erinandares

Definitely. Voices are a big deciding factor for me in liking a band. Like Marcus from Mumford and Sons or Matt from The National... The guy whose name I don't know from the Offspring... I could list more. I won't. Lol. >.<

I love hearing influences for bands. Lol. I can definitely relate them back to how a group's sound comes across, you know? And I like the name Dented Personality. How did you guys name the band?

I'll probably end up actually buying the older album, though, after I get paid for babysitting saturday. I'd like to think I'm supporting a band, even if it's just with ten or fifteen bucks like it would be at a store. Lol. At the very least, I'll go give the new demo a listen. So is this something you guys are definitely throwing everything into?
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #5 
revolutionrocknroll

Those are all great bands! I love Mumford and Sons and the Offspring!

My singer came up with the name. I'm not sure how, but it has different meanings. But yeah, it's a really good name. A lot of people really like it.

Thank you so much for supporting us too :D As of now, this band is something we're serious about. It's kind of at an awkward time because I'm in college now, and the other three members are in high school and have to decide what they're going to do. They'll probably stay in-state for college. Especially if we start getting attention/making money/opportunities come up. Like, it'd be awesome to play on Warped Tour or tour with a bigger band. We're going to do a New England tour this summer and if people like us, that will be really encouraging. It's definitely something we've talked about and we really want to give it a go and see what happens with it.