Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #1 
Cody

Re: lonely betta???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybetta
i have 2 male bettas in different tanks i was wondering if i should buy a female for both of them to share. one is over a year old and one is almost a year old. can someone please explain if this would work. just so you know their tanks are back to back. (they can't see each other)
I wouldn't suggest it. Bettas can be very tough and harass the females untill they die if the females dont want to breed and the male does.

You could get away with having 3-5 females in a tank with a male, but there would have to be a lot of hiding places where the females could get away from the males (These would include turned over pots with a hole, ornaments, large amout of plants, rocks to hide behind, etc).

How big are the tanks that the males are in?
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #2 
tinybetta

lonely betta???

i have 2 male bettas in different tanks i was wondering if i should buy a female for both of them to share. one is over a year old and one is almost a year old. can someone please explain if this would work. just so you know their tanks are back to back. (they can't see each other)
tinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #3 
tsalling

Sometimes the females may be aggressive too, towards the males or other females. Generally males and females should only be together when it is time to breed.
tsalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #4 
Sushi

i heard that bettas dont get lonely because they are solitary fish. They like their space. I wouldnt worry about it.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote