Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #1 
CreativePotato

Cool Just Something Random~

I stuck my fingers in the prince's tank today to retrieve a dropped jingle bell and he bit me. I jumped at first, but it only felt like a tiny little gentle bump. XD It was so cute~
Also, about said jingle bells, I wanted to decorate his tank for the holiday season so I taped some little bells on string outside his tank on the front, but he flared at them incessantly so I had to take them off so they didn't stress him out. XD I guess bettas don't take too kindly to brightly-colored orbs hanging outside their house. (Within view, at least) Now the bells are hanging above water level, and he hasn't seemed to notice them.
Have your bettas/fish ever reacted to something this way? XD
CreativePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #2 
Litlover11

Cute idea with the bells! My nieces betta(also named prince) has a brightly decorated mini Xmas tree next to his tank but he doesnt mind the ornaments Maybe he has more holiday spirit or something.:) Freyja on the other hand, reacted strongly once to some red netting I placed as a lid on top of her temporary bowl. she was so crazy that she was jumping at it! I had to take it off and replace it with something else.
Litlover11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #3 
thekoimaiden

Glad to know I'm not the only one who dressed my tanks for the holidays. I found a little Christmas tree tank ornament in Petsmart and just HAD to have it! It's currently in my pink VT's side. Strangly enough when I put it in the tank he was more interested in biting my fingers (he's a baaad biter) than the Christmas tree. I wish I had a picture of it!!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote