What kind of question is that?! OF COURSE!!! 45 77.59%
I like them, but prefer others 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 PM   #11 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleFish
I like beta's alright. It always makes me sad to see them in itty bitty tanks though. Are there any fish they get along with?
As long as the fish are not nippy, the betta will be fine with them. Make sure though this is done in a ten gallons or larger. Otos, cories and harlequin rasboras make fine tankmates.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #12 
studioskim3

yeah... sorry, i was goin to add another option to the poll, but i couldn't edit it... the important options are up though, HAHAHAHA
studioskim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #13 
KikiNBatta

Quote:
I like beta's alright. It always makes me sad to see them in itty bitty tanks though
:nods hard: At Wal-Mart, most times they look either half-dead, like they wish they were dead, miserable, all of the above. Rarely do they look content. Do you (or anyone here) know any places where bettas are actually cared for/aka, any good pet stores?

In response to the poll: I don't know if I LOVE them, or prefer others. I've never had any other fish! :P So by the process of elimination, I'd have to vote that I love them, lms!
Lots of people say that fish are boring (my siblings, for one), but I'd not say that. They're...something about them is just...amazing? Entertaining? Beautiful? I don't know, but they're wonderful =) If I see a dead fish, or think of a fish dying, I literally end up having to take deep breaths to calm down. Fish are NOT just 'things,' they're pets as well as pets that you can play with!! (Like hamsters, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs, iguanas...list goes on)
KikiNBatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #14 
crazy4fish

i agree with kiki. fish are as good and fun as any other pets. and to answer one of the previous questions, Eddie's Aquarium is a good place to get bettas and any fish for that matter. the betta of mine that had the longest life was from Eddie's. actually the longest life of any of my fish was a cory from Eddie's. its a great place to shop.
crazy4fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #15 
Cody

Bettas are one of my favorite fish, but I really like barbs, sharks, oscars, oher cics, etc.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #16 
studioskim3

i have three betta males, and they LOVE to eat... whenever they see me, they always flare at me if I don't bring food, haha. they are so adorable. I have 3 right now and I just love them! hard to take care of them though...
studioskim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #17 
Oldman47

I love my bettas. The females get to hang together in a 10 and the males each share a tank with some other fish. One is in a 40 with platies and shrimp, the other is in a 10 with otos and a cory.
Oldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #18 
crazy4fish

how many females do you have in the 10?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #19 
scottysgirl

Betta females are pretty good in community tanks usually. In general I like bettas OK but they aren't really that attractive to me. I like cichlids (all kinds) much better. Bettas get really old because the fish you can put with them are very limited...
scottysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #20 
crazy4fish

i like males more than females cause they are more attractive but females can have more tank mates than males. i wish there were more options for betta tankmates but that doesnt make me like them any less. :D