Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #5101 
acadialover

whaat ??? 5 gallon long ???? wow..... I'm gong to look them up.... all the 5 gallons I got around here are above 45.oo and the same shape.... bowed, or flat.
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #5102 
undergunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
whaat ??? 5 gallon long ???? wow..... I'm gong to look them up.... all the 5 gallons I got around here are above 45.oo and the same shape.... bowed, or flat.
Yep! I really liked the Visio tanks. The "smaller" sizes seem to have been made specifically for bettas because they come with glass dividers .
undergunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #5103 
puppyrjjkm

10 gallon tank, re-done.
Attached Images

puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #5104 
Myates

Undergun.. be careful in your 5 gallon.. with a betta, cories alone are overloading the bio load.. add in multiple snails who have a HUGE bio load and will reproduce faster then a rabbit lol.. you may have some trouble.
Beautiful tank, just make sure to watch the chemistry very careful and do lots of water changes.. but a 5 gallon is normally not recommended for a betta and multiple other fish. Just wanted to make sure you're aware of the dangers. Good luck to you! Again, you have awesome looking tanks!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #5105 
undergunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Undergun.. be careful in your 5 gallon.. with a betta, cories alone are overloading the bio load.. add in multiple snails who have a HUGE bio load and will reproduce faster then a rabbit lol.. you may have some trouble.
Beautiful tank, just make sure to watch the chemistry very careful and do lots of water changes.. but a 5 gallon is normally not recommended for a betta and multiple other fish. Just wanted to make sure you're aware of the dangers. Good luck to you! Again, you have awesome looking tanks!

I am aware of this, but thank you for the warning! I do small water changes every 3 days & "spot clean" with a turkey baster. When we were in San Diego I came across pygmies for $3 each, so I had to get quite a few of them since here in AZ they are $8+ each and have to be special ordered.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #5106 
acadialover

wow, that is allot of fish for one small tank. HOpefully you have another larger tank for the cories ??
I'm sure you didn't get them just because they are cheaper there if you don't have the right tank for them ? Nice ten allon !
Old 12-18-2011, 06:08 AM   #5107 
BettaBuddy101

Beautiful tanks & Beautiful fish undergunfire
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #5108 
undergunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
wow, that is allot of fish for one small tank. HOpefully you have another larger tank for the cories ??
I'm sure you didn't get them just because they are cheaper there if you don't have the right tank for them ? Nice ten allon !

Nope...I have one 10g, one 5g, and two 2.5g tanks. My plan is to purchase the new Tetra 15g tank from Petco...and all my pygmies will be moved into there. Like I said, I understand there is "too many" living things inside of the 5g, which is why I do many water changes. So yes, I did buy the pygmies because they were cheaper in CA then AZ....the price and availability were too good to pass up since I had been wanting them for a while.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #5109 
ArcticRain

Here is an Updated picture of Mr. Plum's 5 gallon tank!

ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #5110 
acadialover

I like it !!!

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank