Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #1 
Indyfishy

Question How often do females become eggy/drop eggs?

Hello everyone! =) I just have a small question. Are females supposed to become eggy atleast a few times in their lifetime?? I've had my veil tail female since August, and I've never seen her become eggy or drop eggs. She has an egg spot, and she shows vertical breeding bars at times, but no eggs! Is it normal for some females to never drop eggs in their lives? I believe she is about a year old, if that helps. Thanks guys!! =)

(i'm not looking to breed her, i'm simply curious!!)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #2 
Myates

They become eggy when they are wanting to breed I believe.. as I've never had one become eggy or drop eggs, even when in constant view of males. Aanya will sometimes get her submissive/breeding stripes when she flirts around with Xander or No Name, but has yet to ever get eggy. I wouldn't worry about it :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #3 
Luimeril

Caroline would drop eggs about every two to three weeks. i knew when she would, though, because the day before, she'd work SO hard on a mini bubble nest. x3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

The younger they are the more likely hood they have to be eggy. My females always seem eggy but others never do. Not all females drop their eggs either, some merely re-absorb them.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #5 
Silverfang

I've got females that are so eggy I'm afraid they will explode, and I've got some who are so slim the other ladies are jealous. I think it depends on the fish.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've never seen mine eggy or drop eggs.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote