Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #21 
Fasht

Both Ribbon and Silver are doing great!!
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #22 
Bambi

Glad to hear they're doing well, any eggs make it to the nest yet?
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #23 
bettalover2033

Personally I would use the sib. Male because at least you will (somewhat) know which colors variations you will get. (More predictable than other males).

Also If you want to keep the HM and red in the fry I would breed the 3rd male from the first few photos. (Copper red) Or even the Last male in the 2nd set of photos.

Though if you want to experiment with colors and STILL keep the halfmoon in the fry, I would breed the last male from the first few photos.

It really depends on which colors and the tail type you would like. IMO I would breed for the Halfmoon and try to keep in the red color.

Though I don't care for the color as much as I do the tail type.'

I know you have already chosen, just wanted to add that in there... Great choice and cant wait to see some pictures!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #24 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Personally I would use the sib. Male because at least you will (somewhat) know which colors variations you will get. (More predictable than other males).

Also If you want to keep the HM and red in the fry I would breed the 3rd male from the first few photos. (Copper red) Or even the Last male in the 2nd set of photos.

Though if you want to experiment with colors and STILL keep the halfmoon in the fry, I would breed the last male from the first few photos.

It really depends on which colors and the tail type you would like. IMO I would breed for the Halfmoon and try to keep in the red color.

Though I don't care for the color as much as I do the tail type.'

I know you have already chosen, just wanted to add that in there... Great choice and cant wait to see some pictures!
I'll upload the pictures on a different thread so it'll be the official log for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Glad to hear they're doing well, any eggs make it to the nest yet?
Yes! Alot of eggs did made up the nest, though i can't see any of em on the nest right now, hopefully they're there hidden somewhere in that jungle.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #25 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasht View Post
I'll upload the pictures on a different thread so it'll be the official log for it

Cant Wait! Give us the link...
Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #26 
Fasht

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Cant Wait! Give us the link...
Will do
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #27 
tpocicat

Sometimes the female will help put eggs in the nest, sometimes she will just eat them. Good luck with getting those eggs in the nest!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #28 
Fasht

Alot of eggs were put in the bubble nest, but when i woke up this morning, the bubble nest was soo small snd looks like he didnt look at them carefully and also his belly was big, it looks like he ate a whole lot of eggs, should i just take him out of the nest? Or leave him there till the eggs hatch, which should be aroun 3 hours for the first 24 hours
Old 12-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #29 
Bambi

Go ahead and leave him in. If he's a first time dad then him eating the eggs doesn't shock me too much. Also they may not have been fertile, the male will eat unfertilized eggs to keep them from going bad.
If you take a flashlight and shine it up at the nest you can see the eggs, they're more solid looking then the bubbles.

If this was a bust you at least know they're compatibly and how to tell they're ready so you can recondition them and try again in a week or two(two would be better if they're tore up at all).
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #30 
bettalover2033

I agree! leave him in there and keep an eye out for him. (unless you do plan an artificial hatchery).