Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #1 
fishyfishy86

Frazzled betta mummy

So I've already asked this but I can't seem to get the same answer from anyone. I have one male betta in a 10gallon tank. What can I put with him? The tank is quite planted.

Last edited by fishyfishy86; 12-17-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add that sentence
fishyfishy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #2 
kfryman

Uh is he already in the tank?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #3 
fishyfishy86

Yup. Why?
fishyfishy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #4 
kfryman

Well let's say that you get neon tetras, the might be stressed at first because they don't know the tank and then they will have something chasing them sometimes. Could you post a pic of your tank. As of other fish you can get: cory cats, neon/cardinal tetras (careful because they are sometimes known for nipping fins), fresh water shrimp, african dwarf frogs, rasboras, lamplight tetras are good, and platys (they are live-bearers so if you don't get all males/ females you might have babies). Those are just some that I know that will work. A guide, not a definite guide, is no long flowy fins like guppies, streamline fish like tetras that can swim fast. Some fish like tetras need to kept in groups of about 5 or more because they are schooling fish. Hope this helps.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #5 
Bombalurina

If you can get hold of them, ember tetras are definitely worth it. Their small size and short fins mean that they are non-threatening to a betta. They aren't at all nippy. They don't zip around the way neons do, so they won't stress your boy out, but they'll get out of his way if he makes it clear he doesn't want them nearby. They are smaller than neons. They have a gorgeous bright orange colour and do best in planted tanks, so they'll like yours. :)
I have eight in with my sorority and they are lovely. A friend recently bought some to live in her 15 gallon and they are doing well.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote