Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1 
xXGalaxyXx

Help - very injured fish

This actually isn't a hurt betta, but rather a hurt cardinal tetra. I'm not a member of any other aquarium forums, and posting here seemed to be quickest. I hope that's alright! ;A;

Anyways, one of my Cardinals is very hurt. I was catching a rasbora in his tank with fin rot for treatment, and accidentally knocked down a rock placed on another in his tank. And just my luck, it happens to land on this little guy. He looks bad - he's hardly swimming at all and is just laying on his side in the bowl I have him in for treatment. In addition, his body is beginning to loose color. He doesn't appear to have visible injuries - no bent spine or open wounds - so I think he may be bleeding internally. ;^;
So my question, is there anything at all I could to to help him, or should I just put him down and not draw this out any longer? I care for him quite a bit - have had him and his school for a bit over two years - but he's not looking too good and I don't want to keep him in pain unless there's a hope I can save him.
Any help will be appreciated. <3
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #2 
LittleBettas

Best thing I can think of, put him in a QT betta cup with AQ salt (1 tsp per gallon) and try to keep him warm and min. stress :/
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #3 
xXGalaxyXx

Alright, thank you, I'll try the AQ salt and see if that does any good.~
Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know this is over a week later but how is your cardinal tetra doing? Did he make it? Poor thing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #5 
xXGalaxyXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I know this is over a week later but how is your cardinal tetra doing? Did he make it? Poor thing.
Oops, sorry I didn't see this earlier. But yes, he's still holding on. He's thankfully completely recovered from his injury (as far as I can tell, anyways) and is fully colored and swimming around as he used to, but now has a bit of ick, most likely from the stress. He's a strong one, though, since he's already starting to recover from that as well. <3
Old 12-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #6 
Myates

Aww so glad you got him back again! That was just terrible luck, poor little one.

Hope the ick goes away quick!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad he's better. I'm sorry about the ick and I hope it goes away soon. Poor little fishy.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote