Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #11 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Littlebettas, your animals are very lucky to have you. Who knows what would have happened to them if you didn't take them in.

I just can not understand people who abuse, mistreat, or ignore a pet in their care.
The three I have I always call "special cases", Pandora and Punk both would have been euthanized had I not taken them.... and even today, if they end up in a shelter, or really anywhere else, they would be euthanized, Pandy for aggression Punk for being feral (though amazingly, we had two new guest come over today, and she was FINE with them.... granted.... my BFs dad has been walking around for the last 2 days with biscuits in his pockets and everytime the other dogs arent looking, he gives her one, lol, she follows him EVERYWHERE now and is oblivious to everything else)... We;re staying at my BFs parents house... tomorrow we are going with them to one of the shelters I volunteer with so they can adopt a dog :)

I dont understand it either, some of the dogs that end up in shelters.... most are amazing, most are potty trained, I pulled a male pitbull from a shelter about a month ago, he was labeled a stray-starvation case... once he arrived at my apartment, it was obvious, he was used as a bait dog, he gets along great with my three dogs and all of the other dogs at the apartment complex, he LOVES people and is a complete lapdog... he's been officially adopted by my roommate ;)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #12 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
I wish there were more people like you in the world. What a beautiful family, even the mean turtle, lol.
Aw :( shes just misunderstood ;) lol, shes a lady, my BF says I shouldnt expect much more :P

and you would be surprised, the last couple months I have tagged up with 2 other GREAT ladies, we've created a HUGE network in our area..... and Im pleased to say, its starting to spread, our group consists of about a hundred... and growing... number of fosters, rescues, pullers, adopters, transporters, and donators/sponsors :) we've helped rescue a lot more animals and have even managed to make it so a few shelters had no euthanizations :)
Old 12-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #13 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Lovely Pets! :D It's great that you rescued them. :)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #14 
LittleBettas

Thank you :)
Old 12-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #15 
nel3

im glad you took in those that were to be euthanised. i never really thought about that situation but after watching ceasaer milan's show its different. its amazing at what some training can do to tame a "wild dog."
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #16 
LittleBettas

Eh, lol, Ceasaer isnt really my favorite person.... lol, believe it or not, an excuse that people use a lot when dropping off a dog is... I tried the Ceasear Milan way and he bit me.... hes untrainable
Most livings things dont like being held down by the neck or being poked at... I know I dont, lol
and besides... he may own a few pitbulls and train them, but he doesnt bother trying to help out or speak against BSL or other breed restrictions...
Thats why I <3 Victoria Stilwell!!!! GREAT traininer AND she works to fight BSL and show the positive side of bully breeds!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #17 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
Eh, lol, Ceasaer isnt really my favorite person.... lol, believe it or not, an excuse that people use a lot when dropping off a dog is... I tried the Ceasear Milan way and he bit me.... hes untrainable
Most livings things dont like being held down by the neck or being poked at... I know I dont, lol
and besides... he may own a few pitbulls and train them, but he doesnt bother trying to help out or speak against BSL or other breed restrictions...
Thats why I <3 Victoria Stilwell!!!! GREAT traininer AND she works to fight BSL and show the positive side of bully breeds!
i never knew he was silent on the BSL issue. maybe he has his own magic trick but not every method works universally . still am amazed at what he can accomplish eitherway.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

oh my goooosh I love Punk =D reminds me of a friends dog who was exactly the same... used to be abused, skittish, but very friendly nonetheless.

oh and on the topic of Ceasar Millan.... Although his methods work it doesn't with people who have never done it before o.o I do what he does (before I even knew he existed! started when I was 9) but started off learning animalistic behaviors, movements, and energy and all that But I am just a natural - compared to my friend, who is about the same level as me but doesn't grasp behavioral issues.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 12-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i never knew he was silent on the BSL issue. maybe he has his own magic trick but not every method works universally . still am amazed at what he can accomplish eitherway.
Lol, either way, he is the face for Dominance Training, and while Im sure that can work in SOME dogs... it def. doesn't take 5 minutes or even 5 days.... I prefer to stick with more positive training methods :) builds a much better relationship between dog and handler IMO
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #20 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
oh my goooosh I love Punk =D reminds me of a friends dog who was exactly the same... used to be abused, skittish, but very friendly nonetheless.

oh and on the topic of Ceasar Millan.... Although his methods work it doesn't with people who have never done it before o.o I do what he does (before I even knew he existed! started when I was 9) but started off learning animalistic behaviors, movements, and energy and all that But I am just a natural - compared to my friend, who is about the same level as me but doesn't grasp behavioral issues.

Lol, almost everyone does :) she's come a long way in a short time, she has a few kinks, but some things are deeply rooted, we still work on it, but we dont expect her to be perfect, shes an abused feral dog, but we love her <3

Lol, I'll stick to my methods, Im sure Ceasars way works... but Im not a dog, I refuse to dominate a dog, especially not a bully breed or abused dogs... which are my main focus when training