Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #1 
TetraAquaria

Fixing Ammonia Burns....

So My moms fiend's daughter has a blue male VT name Caspian, unfortunatly, her kids didn't take too good of care of them and he got sick and has Ammonia Burns...

Now I have a new addition to my 6 betta fish and I'd like to know what kind of medicine I can get to help him get better.

He has a 1Gal filtered tank that he will be coming to my house in and it has rocks and a plastic plant in it.

She said that his fins were shriveling up, and Caspian has really long, flowy fins.

When I get him, I'll post pictures for you all to see him and hopefully I can get him treated and feelin better!

Hope you can help!

Thanks!
~TetraAquaria
TetraAquaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #2 
Myates

Nothing but clean water will help the burns- just your weekly water changes should be enough for him to heal up.

Shriveling up- if they mean clamped and close to the body, then clean, warm water will help that as well.. but disappearing fins could be rot or fin biting.
Will know more when you get the pictures up. Otherwise, it looks like he'll be in good hands now :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #3 
TetraAquaria

Alright, thank you!

So 50% water changes daily with water conditioner and I'll thoroughly clean it once or twice a week.

He's an awfully pretty fish! hes a pretty blue color and I'm really excited to get him moved in and settled down!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #4 
Myates

I would do 50% every other day at the most for a week or so, then go ahead and do your regular weekly water changes after that. 50% daily isn't needed.. but if he has fin rot, then we will have to do a treatment for that.
Sounds like it! Can't wait for pics :) Happy for you!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #5 
TetraAquaria

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get him!

I don't know when we will be going to pick him up, but I hope I can get him here soon and get him settled in and taken care of! :)

Thank you!