Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #5111 
acadialover

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergunfire View Post
Nope...I have one 10g, one 5g, and two 2.5g tanks. My plan is to purchase the new Tetra 15g tank from Petco...and all my pygmies will be moved into there. Like I said, I understand there is "too many" living things inside of the 5g, which is why I do many water changes. So yes, I did buy the pygmies because they were cheaper in CA then AZ....the price and availability were too good to pass up since I had been wanting them for a while.
Great. you did have another place for the cory's !
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #5112 
ArcticRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
I like it !!!
Thank you!! Do think there is anything more I can add to it?
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #5113 
ashleynicole

The first picture is my daughters female betta tank. The second one is my sons male betta tank.

They are both 5 gallon hawkeye kits from walmart.com and I bought an adjustable heater made by hagan on amazon and use the aquatech hob filter that came with the tank. I attached a piece of sponge on the output of the filter to disperese the flow a little bit. They are planted with wisteria, dwarf sag, and a few small crypts broken off of the bigger crypts in my 29 gallon planted.

I have to say though, now that they spawned in my male tank, I am going to remove the male to put in the females tank and put the female in my 29 gallon community tank (she was in the community tank before I bought the 5 gallon and she did wonderful in there)... at least until the fry get big enough to move to a bigger tank. Then they will both go back to their respective homes. Also, there is a sponge shoved in the intake tube of the filter in the males tank right now so that there is barely any flow in the filter and a piece of sponge of the outside of the intake tube so the fry won't get sucked in. I know a sponge filter is recommended, but there is hardly any flow at all through the filter at the moment, the output is a very slow trickle.
Attached Images

Last edited by ashleynicole; 12-19-2011 at 10:51 PM.
ashleynicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #5114 
BettaBuddy101

Very nice, what substrate have you got in there?

Last edited by BettaBuddy101; 12-20-2011 at 01:36 AM.
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:39 AM   #5115 
BettaBuddy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRain View Post
Thank you!! Do think there is anything more I can add to it?
Maybe you could add some more of those green plants (particularly the far most one) for a more heavily planted look, that left most plant is particularly nice & realistic.
BettaBuddy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #5116 
acadialover

Looks fine the way it is. Does he go in that floating log ?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #5117 
Myates

Wait, who spawned? The bettas?
(Pretty tanks!)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #5118 
Zappity

If the bettas spawned, you gotta leave the male with the babies.
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #5119 
ArcticRain

acadialover- Yes! He love going in it and swimming around! It has a little feeding hole in the top so, when ever I get the food out he goes inside and waits for me to put the food in the hole. He actually like the floating log better then the cave on the ground! I got it at Petsmart for $10.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #5120 
acadialover

INteresting, I'll check it out.... sigh... just another visit to PEtco....

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank