Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #11 
Enbarr

My first Betta was Opa (to those who know the meaning of that name, I was only 8 and couldn't think of a betta name O.o) Anyways, he was super sweet. He was a blue, red, with a little purple VT. He lasted for 3 years and died due to unknown causes.
Then came Happy. He was a gorgeous red VT who had a big heart. He lasted for about 2 1/2 years before he began to die. He would hang around the bottom and had trouble getting to the top. So I put him in a low bowl so that he could get to the top easily, along with his buddy, the African Dwarf frog named Squirt. What amazed me was how attached he was to Squirt. Whenever Squirt moved, Happy would struggle along and follow him so that he could sit right next to him. That really shows how amazing Bettas can be.
Then came Sam...well, actually Sharky. He was first Sam, but later earned the name Sharky after he killed three frogs. He even bit off one of the frogs front foot! After I realized that he was killing them off, I put him in a different tank. He was a blue VT who lived for about 3 years.
Now comes my current Bettas. I first bought Dante, a red and blue CT from Walmart.
When I went to Petco, I came to see just how many fin types there are in bettas. I fell in love with a gorgeous turquoise and pink DT betta who I've named Armonde.
Lastly comes Raphael. I just bought him and he's a stunning sapphire blue HM (but I think he's actually a DT) with white fringes (?) around his fins.
I love them all! It's amazing how beautiful and full of life these little miracles are!
Enbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #12 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandair View Post
Don't feel bad, Koimaiden. I've only had one before my current two.
Thanks. I also plan to have many more in my future. Bettas are like living sunsets: no two are exactly alike. Every one is beautiful and unique!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #13 
DaveC

Othello, blue VT, some 25 years ago. Bought him as a betta in a goblet at a pet shop.

Then a very long gap...
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 PM   #14 
Arashi Takamine

Oh lord...Alright.

Kalona - Black HM with cellphane butterfly on the tail, died next day after I brought him home cause I assume is shock and therefor pin blame on father.

Kaida - Red VT with red/blue eyes. Died two days after buying him right after Kalona. Cause likely either heart attack or stress...

Maka - Brown VT female, with red and blue irridescent coloring on her when she was in a good mood. Was the 'lover' of late CT Akira until she died. Died of dropsy, parasite attack.

Akira - Blue CT (see avatar for pic) he was my first baby who lived I loved him to death, died of unknown disease and will forever be missed.

Kai - Red CT with a bit of irridescent on him. He was my second male I got after Maka died. He was always so sweet didn't really flare was more fond of his dragon then anything else. Built huge bubble nests. Died of a gill disease.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:29 PM   #15 
erinandares

My only death has been Ares. He was a red and gold VT, with blue eyes. <3 He was a homocidal sociopath, but I loved him the most out of all my fish. He ended up jumping out of the water change cup and hit the bathtub really hard. He smashed his eye in, but it took me a bit to catch on since he was hiding and couldn't stand even the slightest amount of light. He seemed to perk up for a day, but he passed the next evening while I was out grocery shopping. ): I still wish I could have done something more for my poor baby.
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #16 
ArcticRain

Ok, let's see...

Finn- He was my first Betta. He was a Blue and White Marble HMPK. Lived a week. Why? Because stupid Petco employes don't know anything.... ( no offense to the good pet store workers of the world).
Freedom- A Red, White and Blue HM. Lived 5 days. I went on vacition for two days and when I came back he was dead. I think he died of Internal Parasites.
Lucky R.I.P- Named lucky because I was sure that the third time was a charm. He was a beautiful Copper Dragon HM. Lived two months. Died very suddenly from unknown cause. He will be dearly missed.... <3

Then I have Mr. Plum, My Purple Salamander Butterfly HMPK who will live forever and rule the world!!!

Last edited by ArcticRain; 12-16-2011 at 01:32 AM.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:58 AM   #17 
Bambi

I dont name most of my bettas. Tux was the only one with an official name and he passed recently of unknown recently.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #18 
xXGalaxyXx

Mine is pretty simple, haha.

Ocean - Blue-green Cambodian veiltail male. He was very sassy and always flaring his gills at me and showing off his huge bubblenests. He died of old age at 4 years old the day before his betta neighbor, Spectrum.

Spectrum - Silver veiltail male who shined in different colors depending on the way the light hit him. He was more graceful than Ocean was and hardly ever flared, even to Ocean. Also died at 4 a day after Ocean.

And lastly Fritz - A very recent betta who lived only 3 days with me. He was a pure red Crowntail. Never got too attached to him since he died of dropsy before I really got to see his personality.

And of course my current crew. <3
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #19 
LolaQuigs

I love remembering my previous bettas. I've only had two that have passed away.

My first was Ganymede. When I bought him he was tiny and looked like a cellophane double tail with a few dark scales that looked like they'd marble up. Over time, he definitely marbled, and turned out to be a dark blue piebald with turquoise streaks in his tail, which turned out to be HMDT! He was my first and still my favorite fish. I'd had him for about nine months when he died in a horrible filter accident.

Next was Calliope. She was a tiny, spunky little cellophane VT rescue who had ich when I got her. I had her for about seven months, but she died in September from chronic SBD issues.

I'm afraid I may have to add my current copper dragon HM to this list soon. :(
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote