Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #41 
Sena Hansler

forever isn't known until you have to step in and be Mr. Mom rather than the betta dad
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:38 AM   #42 
Bambi

haha the first few days seem to go by so slow but in two weeks you'll wonder where the time has gone and in 2 months you wonder how they grew so fast. xD
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #43 
ashleynicole

So.. I think the male may have ate them... Today I don't see anything and he is swimming around the tank more than he has been. I went ahead and took him out and put him in a different tank, just in case there are any left, but I don't see anything at all... and yesterday I saw a few falling and trying to swim a little bit... :(

It was really neat to see them spawn though, not sure if I will try agian. Who knows, maybe a few survived and are still buried in the bubbles. I will watch the tank for a few days.
ashleynicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #44 
Sena Hansler

That's a good idea... just in case some are still there. Check around plants too... Well, if you ever did try again, when the babies hatch take him out. They'll be okay, even if they don't end up staying in the nest.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #45 
ashleynicole

yeah, not sure if I will try again. If I do I will do it in a separate 10 gallon with floating plants. Now is just the wait and see if anything shows up in the 5 gallon planted. I guess I should give it a week and if I don't see any fry by then I can put a betta back in it?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #46 
Sena Hansler

Yep :) you can do a water change after you realize there is no fry. You should wait I'd say 3-4 days.... then you'd know for sure.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #47 
ashleynicole

I keep looking in the tank, I feel like I am straining my eyeball muscles. I saw one little fry swimming in the back. but I haven't seen it since and I keep looking and looking. I have a lot of plants in the tank so I suppose there could be more... and if they are down by the sand, would my snails eat them if they are alive and fell down into the sand? I have a lot of malaysian trumpet snails that burrow down in the sand.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #48 
Sena Hansler

Usually any fry unwilling to dart away when something gets close is usually dead or deformed enough that they won't last anyways. Check the plants. I had tons of fry basically hiding in plants, that I could not see until I gently shook the plant.