betta fish

Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #21 
kfryman

I like the colorful name and the drawing idea a lot! We should ask the admin
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with asking Admin. I think it would be nice to have special recognition for the month with a special thing in the person's sig.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #23 
StarBetta

How about when a person wins admins can decorate the home page with the winners picture and name? besides putting it in the corner. like maybe on the top so everyone can see!
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #24 
1fish2fish

Other forums show recognition with a small banner in the signature of the winning member, some show no recognition at all. IMO the winners should be happy their picture is even displayed on the main page.

Sending live fish or even non-live prizes would get very hairy very quick. Especially since the winner would have to pay for shipping.. that opens it up to turning into a scam on the part of the person who would be sending the fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #25 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Other forums show recognition with a small banner in the signature of the winning member, some show no recognition at all. IMO the winners should be happy their picture is even displayed on the main page.

Sending live fish or even non-live prizes would get very hairy very quick. Especially since the winner would have to pay for shipping.. that opens it up to turning into a scam on the part of the person who would be sending the fish.
Yeah that is true. I think a banner that says like November 2011 winner with your fishy =)
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #26 
TielBird101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Yeah that is true. I think a banner that says like November 2011 winner with your fishy =)
Oooo! I think that'd be awesome! Who's gonna ask Admin?
TielBird101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #27 
kitkatbar

I think it would be pretty cool if winners got a banner or siggy. good idea!
kitkatbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that receiving something other than the fact that the member won the contest ad has the winning picture displayed publicly, is a asking for too much, especially when there is someone else buying things with their own money for someone else unless they are willing to and have the money to.

There are people who have things to do outside of this forum and what if for one money someone isn't able to do it? It will create more problems than there already are. That is just my opinion.

I agree with 1fish2fish, the winner should be happy that they won and have their picture displayed on the homepage.

The signature banner isn't a bad Idea.

The free fish thing would also not be a good idea as 1fish2fish said. Though I think it would be a little unfair if the lets just say that there was someone that wins two months in a row just for arguments sake. Yes they win rightfully, but it might also get a little expensive for the admin or even someone else to buy a fish every month.

Lets not get to greedy here.

Last edited by bettalover2033; 12-23-2011 at 12:18 PM.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #29 
StarBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that receiving something other than the fact that the member won the contest ad has the winning picture displayed publicly, is a asking for too much, especially when there is someone else buying things with their own money for someone else unless they are willing to and have the money to.

There are people who have things to do outside of this forum and what if for one money someone isn't able to do it? It will create more problems than there already are. That is just my opinion.

I agree with 1fish2fish, the winner should be happy that they won and have their picture displayed on the homepage.

The signature banner isn't a bad Idea.

The free fish thing would also not be a good idea as 1fish2fish said. Though I think it would be a little unfair if the lets just say that there was someone that wins two months in a row just for arguments sake. Yes they win rightfully, but it might also get a little expensive for the admin or even someone else to buy a fish every month.

Lets not get to greedy here.
I agree. The fish thing is too much hard work, because it might get shipped sick or dead. Then that will start a HUGE argument. Plus, if that person wins and doesn't want a betta (or can't keep more) then it will be hard shipping it back.
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote