Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #1 
SpookyTooth

Greetings!

Hello,

My name is Rachel (though I'm occasionally known as Spooky Tooth, so here I am) and I live in England. I've been keeping fish on and off since I was very young and recently decided to delve into the world of bettas.

I've done countless amounts of research and decided to join these forums to make sure I have constant access to top-of-the-line information regarding these fascinating creatures during my new adventure. While I have yet to buy my betta I have a 35 litre aquarium complete with a heater, filter with an adjustable flow and lid ready to go when the new year rolls in (including decorations and the likes of course =])!

As well as the aquarium in my bedroom I have an 86 litre downstairs that has been set up for over a year. It houses a few guppies and platys, alongside a small "herd" (they bumble around like cows in a field, hence the term) of apple snails that has been the family's pride and joy. Its primary inhabitants is a guppy named Pickle who acquired her name from our ignorance a couple of years ago. She was born in a pickle jar when we noticed a fish giving birth and didn't have an aquarium and filter on-hand until the next day, so she spent her first few hours in said pickle jar.

Alongside Pickle is an orange platy named Zesty, a trio of female grey guppies and a few of their offspring. I've gradually been rehoming the males of the aquarium to slow down breeding to a managable level and prevent water fouling too quickly with overstocking.

As well as fishkeeping I cultivate carnivorous plants - primarily the pinguicula (aka. the butterwort), I also enjoy gaming and keep giant african land snails. I've been housebound for the past few years due to illness and have a lot of spare time on my hands so you may see me lurking around a fair amount.

Thank you for starting up and maintaining such a wonderful source of information! I look forward to learning more and eventually acquiring my first betta.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #2 
onefish2fish

welcome to the forum.
onefish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....glad you became a member and we could help keep you informed......enjoy your stay and ask all the questions you need.....we are here to help.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta and fish keeping adventures....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #4 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Welcome from Ontario Spooky Tooth!! So glad you joined us!!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #5 
SpookyTooth

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes! I've been reading the forums all day and am becoming more and more excited about acquiring my beautiful betta on Tuesday (if all goes well).

Happy holidays!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello, Rachel and welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote