Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #1 
xXGalaxyXx

I have to stop going to Petco. x.x

Just a pointless story I want to share. cx
I went into Petco today with some friends, and bought a couple of betta's to go in some spare tanks I have. They were really pretty - a lemon yellow halfmoon and an orange Dalmatian veiltail, both males.
Then my parents flipped out about it, and I remembered I have nowhere to put said spare tanks. x.x So I ended up calling the friends I went to Petco with and gave them a tank and a betta each (thank heavens they both have fish and know how to take care of them, haha). The yellow one was named Ribbon and the orange one Gatorade. cx
Anyways, moral of this story? I should never go into Petco again. I'll come home with more fish I 'just couldn't resist' and then end up having to give them away. cx
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #2 
bettacrazymichelle

OH MY GOSH I KNOW. I am fighting the desire to go back and get this absolutely GORGEOUS VT I saw today. BRIGHT blueish purple fins. Like almost blinding... so beautiful. However, my husband pointed out to me that I really don't want to support their neglectful treatment of their fish. There were a few dead ones and a lot that were near death. :( So heartbreaking.
bettacrazymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #3 
nel3

i can understand that also. i dont really feel obligated to get a nice betta when i see it but theres a pineapple CT at an LPS thst id like to get and i already have one atm. no spare tanks nor places to put them. atm that LPS pineapple CT is plan B but my current CT is on the upside for the moment. that'd be pretty cool to see 2 identical fish beside each other. that place is reserved for another animal for the short-> longe term now.

Last edited by nel3; 12-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #4 
ManInBlack2010

same here, i went to petsmart last night to use my giftcard i got for christmas and couldn't help looking at the bettas... they had a green HM that was absolutely gorgeous!! i keep thinking about him but i know i have no room for him... i have the tank but my parents won't let me have more than three tanks running in my room... something about a fire hazard *facepalm*
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote