Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #11 
Myates

@ Newfishowner
A heater up to 25 watts is fine for a gallon- it says for 2 gallons and up, but as long as you have a thermometer and can keep an eye on the temp you should be fine- just make sure when you do water changes that the temp is as close to 78* as possible so the heater, if preset, will be able to easily keep that temp. The 74 won't harm her other then possibly lowering her immunity, slowing her metabolism and making her lethargic (you'd be surprised at what a few degrees can do to fish)- it's the fluctuations in the temp that you are wanting to be careful of.. when the temp drops at night, etc.. it could cause shock if changes are made too quickly.

As mentioned before, twice weekly is idea in a one gallon- 1 50% and 1 100% is needed- the ammonia and nitrates can build up rather fast in a 1 gallon- the deadliest water conditions are ones that are invisible and can catch up to them in time with burns and poisoning.

Make sure the flakes have fish/meat meal as the first ingredient and has a crude protein % higher then 40%... as bettas are insectivores and require a little different nutrition then other tropical fish.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #12 
NewFishyOwner

Wow ok the Temp now is 76.24 because I moved her to my room.

The food's Garanteed Analisys: Crude Protain 48.0%, Min. Crude Fat10.0% Max. Crude Fiber 1.5% Max. Moisture 7.0 % Min. Phosphorus 1.1% Min.Ascorbic Acid 90 MG/KG, Min. Omega-3 Fatty Acids 6,000 MG/KG.

Ingridients: Fish Meal,Dried Yeast,Growned BrownRice,Shrimp Meal, Wheat Glutten, Feeding Oat Meal,Fish Oil,Brine Shrimps(FD), Krill(FD),Potato protain,DehulledSoybeanMeal,SoyBeanOil,Sorbitol, Algie extract, L-Ascorbyl-2Polyphosphate(stabalized VT.C),Biotin,Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate, Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate, Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate, Cobalt Acetate Color Includes: Red No 3 Ethoxyquin as a persevative.

Number one what does all this mean, number two is this alright for my fish. None was there to help us out. I will try to buy a heater as soon as possible. Can I use a heating pad for the time being cheking up on it?
NewFishyOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #13 
NewFishyOwner

Here is a picture of my tank one gallon bowl.

Last edited by NewFishyOwner; 12-25-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Put up Pictures
Old 12-26-2011, 02:14 AM   #14 
Bombalurina

Her cave is pretty cool, but I think she would prefer it if you could take it out and maybe replace it with a smaller one, to give her some more swimming space. Females are zippy critters and enjoy having room to exercise. :) A sake cup can make a stylish but nicely sized cave for smaller tanks.

A live plant like elodea or a java fern would help with water quality. A great solution for both cave a plant would be to get a small terracotta pot or urn and tie a java fern and some java moss onto it. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #15 
NewFishyOwner

Well she seeems to be doing just fine. Before she did not even have that she only had a small fake plant. I think She is doing fine. She is small. If I see she is too iffy about it I will change it to the other plant. Fake plant and see how she does. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #16 
newTObetta

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!! dont know how to post pics but he is doing really good i appreciate all the advice

Last edited by newTObetta; 12-30-2011 at 04:58 PM.
newTObetta is offline   Reply With Quote