Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #11 
nel3

lol if i had a penny put aside each time i heard a comment on Nelliel i'd have a bit saved up already. i saw him on ab and got him asap.
ive askd JKfish on parameters for WC.

"Between water changes ammonia and nitrites should never go above .25 ppm. nitrAtes can get as high as 10 ppm. Anything greater than said parameters means you need another water change.
"
ammonia is easy to change out. it seems the nitrite and nitrate will probably need a bigger WC ie 3-4g in 2 days from my past experince. i dont have that much experience with fish as they've been trouble free for the time ive had them. some bloating and finrot was present at times but no serious issues ie diseases. nitrates/nitrite seems to develop quicker than ammonia, then again i had 2 betta in the 5g. you'll be fine as long as you go 0.5-1g wc a day. then the nitrite and nitrate once the bulk of it is removed smaller changes seem to keep it lower or status quo depending on tank stocking. i had put live plants once i started the cycling process.

Last edited by nel3; 12-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote