Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #21 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I think to sell the baby bettas it's cruel. D: I dont have a petco where I live, and I'm glad.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #22 
Gizmothefreaky

I got one of the baby bettas, he didnt even live through the night... :( poor thing.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #23 
SDragon

[quote=bettalover2033;913103].He's a cute little guy (if he is a guy). That is pretty exciting because you are basically raising your own bettas into adults. Thats very cool! It's good for us to be able to buy them when they are still fry, but it is also, bad for the fry because just imagine how much their elders take on and can somewhat recover from, their immune system isn't even developed to take on harsh conditions in the pet stores. again, its a good think but a bad thing too.quote]

It is pretty cool how you get to raise your betta. Almost like having a spawn! I tihink the best part is the surprise. You have no clue what you are going to get. But, it must suck for the fish. :(
I would love to get one but I dont know how to take care of them. Maybe in a few months.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

[quote=SDragon;919423]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
.He's a cute little guy (if he is a guy). That is pretty exciting because you are basically raising your own bettas into adults. Thats very cool! It's good for us to be able to buy them when they are still fry, but it is also, bad for the fry because just imagine how much their elders take on and can somewhat recover from, their immune system isn't even developed to take on harsh conditions in the pet stores. again, its a good think but a bad thing too.quote]

It is pretty cool how you get to raise your betta. Almost like having a spawn! I tihink the best part is the surprise. You have no clue what you are going to get. But, it must suck for the fish. :(
I would love to get one but I dont know how to take care of them. Maybe in a few months.
The best way is to do your homework and learn about their requirements and basics. Go to www.bettysplendens.com and you will find TONS of things from care to breeding.

Also, I agree with you because that IS exactly what IMO is the aim that the breeders that are supplying the fry, are trying to get across.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #25 
gossipgirl1031

I have one that has survived almost 2 weeks now. My newest addition came from a sad situation in the store also. She (I'm pretty sure at least) is definitely higher maintenance than my others, but in a different way than some of my other "rescues". She gave me quite a scare last week when after opening her tank lid to do a water change, I realized that I forgot the net and in that short period of time, she jumped out and fell almost 3 feet onto the floor. I was sure she was a goner, but has done pretty good after that first night. I knew bettas jumped, but I hadn't ever experienced it before. I've never bred or raised young ones before, so any tips and advice would be welcome. I'll try and upload a picture from my BlackBerry soon. Thanks!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #26 
Zappity

Thank God my Petco stopped selling fish or I'd be +1 baby betta. But if it died..it'd be too tragic xD I hate when my bettas die... ):
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #27 
registereduser

Hi! I'm new here also.
Here is my baby Pooh. Any guesses as to sex/type?
She seems quite healthy and active,
a good eater, too.

registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

She looks like a little cutie! I like her tiny dorsal fin. If I had to guess the sex just from the picture it will be a Female since so far her ventral fins are small and look "female." Though you can't be too sure right now because it could be a he too, but I still would say she is a female (for right now).

Is it okay to call it a female right now?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #29 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
I still would say she is a female (for right now).

Is it okay to call it a female right now?
I think it looks like a female, too, but then this is my first betta and anyone else here would know more

She doesn't have any color at all, I think the camera flash made the blueish sheen in the photo.

Anyway, I will post more photos here as she grows. When I decided to get her I figured I wouldn't know what she would look like but since I was getting her so young I would have her for a longer time
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #30 
kfryman

I saw a couple babies that weren't even bigger than 3/4 of a dime! I am so mad about that
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta