Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #1 
xXGalaxyXx

RIP Soren, my little fighter. <3

RIP, my sweet Soren. I wish I could have had you longer, raised you to the handsome adult you should have been. Wherever you are under that rainbow bridge, I hope you're happy. <3

My little purple baby Soren died this morning. I don't know what caused it - it might have just been from stress. He went through a lot in his short life, and quite honestly I'm surprised he lived as long as he did.
My cousin, who lives in another state, bought him for me as a Christmas present from a Petco near her house. He was in one of those little 'baby betta' cups. She kept him for a few weeks and made sure he wasn't sick before shipping him out to me. The shipping company, of course, decided to lose him for a few days, and when I finally got him his heat pack was ice cold and he looked shaken up. I kept him in my 10g community where he had lots of hiding places, and things started to look good - he ate and started to interact with other fish. I don't know what got him, but I don't blame him for giving up - he went through so much and hung on strong for as long as he could, and that's all I could ask for.
RIP, Soren. I love you. <3

I never did get a picture of him. Oh well - he probably wouldn't have liked the camera anyways. cx
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Soren.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #3 
xXGalaxyXx

Thank you...
Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #4 
xXGalaxyXx

Just lost another one, as well - Fallen, a green CT boy. I got him at Petsmart earlier today after I found him behind everyone else when I was buying some filter cartridges for my sorority. He had dropsy, and really badly; was laying at the bottom of his cup with a tummy twice the size he was, eyes bulging from his head, and his scales sticking strait up - I convinced the manager to let me take him for free to see if I could do anything for him. I knew he wouldn't make it, but I didn't want him to die unnoticed behind so many other fish. I kept him in a small one gallon wrapped in a heated blanket with a little leaf hammock for him to sleep on until he passed (I didn't bother trying to treat his dropsy - it looked too far along and at the time I just wanted him to be loved. >:c ). The little guy was really trying hard to stay here - when I went up to the tank he lifted his head from the hammock and wiggled around. I don't blame him for going, I'm just glad he was able to live his last hours in comfort. RIP, Fallen <3
Old 12-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Awww sorry about Soren... and that was really sweet of you to take care of Fallen, knowing he was going to die.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote