Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #1 
eaglescout434

Enough plants for my sorority? w/pics!!

This is my sorority tank that dosnt have the sorority sisters in it yet. I am wondering if there is enough coverage in here for my sorority?

the first image is from the front and the second is one from the side.
Attached Images

eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #2 
eaglescout434

here are a top view and an alternate front view
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #3 
Tisia

I'd put a lot more, especially near the top since that's where they generally spend their time. you want to break up line of sight as much as possible.
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #4 
ArcticRain

It is a lovely tank, but IMO it does not have enough coverage. I recommend you buy some caves for them to hide in. I would also reccomend you buy the biggest, most leafy plants you can find. Bettas like really leafy plants and they provide great coverage. Petco makes a good one that's plastic but, In the water it gets softer. I have had no trouble with it ripping fins.
Good luck with your sorority!

Last edited by ArcticRain; 12-31-2011 at 12:38 PM.
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #5 
eaglescout434

alright I took everyones advice and bought some more plants and a bought a cool cave!!!

The lfs didnt have very many big plants that would reach to the top of the aquarium so i took the smaller ones and took the base off of them and hot glued the bottoms of the plants to a suction cup so that way I could place them higher in the aquarium.

the first pic shows the front view and the new cave

the second pick is the side view showing the density

the third pick shows the suction cup idea

Thanks for the comments and helpful suggestions!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #6 
kfryman

Nice tank if you look through one side and you can't see the other that good. If you can see just a bit that should be fine. If there are a ton of areas you can see through to the other side you need to add more. That is the best way to see. It helps if you don't place plants in a row or anything so that way you can make it seem more dense without it actually being so dense you can never see the girls lol.

I too am making a tank for a sorority the link is in my sig. I have live plants so I have to wait for them to grow before adding the girls. Hope this helps!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #7 
eaglescout434

Yes i have actually seen your link before on another thread!!! It is going to look good!!! I dont think that i could handle trying two new things at once(real plants and a sorority) lol. I hope your sorority turns out good. Where are you planning on getting your girls at?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #8 
BettaMommy531rip

I've always found a terra cotta pot turned on its side buried halfway in the gravel a great decor item in any betta tank. :) Hope this helps!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #9 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescout434 View Post
Yes i have actually seen your link before on another thread!!! It is going to look good!!! I dont think that i could handle trying two new things at once(real plants and a sorority) lol. I hope your sorority turns out good. Where are you planning on getting your girls at?
Petco lol, I did find either a chocolate or a pineapple there so I want here I just gotta wait for my plants to grow in. -_- That is the bummer though the wait to let the plants get big. I have all live plants so it will only be one change. You could try some anubias or java fern you just can't plant it in the substrate. Those are easy plants that don't need high lights or ferts but could use ferts. People say that plants are better then caves because it is mostly males that like caves. Kei never goes in the terracotta pot. Do you have all your girls already?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #10 
Pitluvs

Here's my sorority, just to give you some insight as to what people are meaning by more plants to cover the line of sight :) Mine are all plastic and silk plants. I find the buying the value packs of plants for 29g tanks is the best way to get the tall plants for cheap :)

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote