Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with Fish joey. A sig is not a billboard. On another forum whose name I'm not going to mention, they let members have huge sigs with banners all over the place, they name all their animals and they have brightly colored decorations for whatever the holiday is. Like for Valentine's day, a big red heart with the words "Show me some love!" lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #12 
kfryman

Is my sig too big? Or is there a problem with the colors?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #13 
Sakura8

I wish to know how this will be reinforced, as I still see sigs that are too long, longer than the sigs of some people who were already asked to change. Will people only be asked to change their sigs if they are reported? Or will mods contact people whose sigs are not in compliance and ask them to change as they come across them?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #14 
bearwithfish

in most cases they will be addressed via pm from a moderator once they are seen and/or reported....
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #15 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I wish to know how this will be reinforced, as I still see sigs that are too long, longer than the sigs of some people who were already asked to change. Will people only be asked to change their sigs if they are reported? Or will mods contact people whose sigs are not in compliance and ask them to change as they come across them?

Both. Anything that gets reported willl be addressed and speaking for the team, we don't wait for someone to report something if we happen to see it first.

Personally, I haven't seen any out of control sigs. lately but I'm sure they're out there.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #16 
Sakura8

Okay, thanks for the clarification. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #17 
fishman12

How do you report a signature?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #18 
hmckin20

There is a "show signature" option where you can hit it and no longer display signatures..

doesn't it seem easier if one individual has a problem with signatures to cut off their display rather than trying to moderate everyone's signatures?
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #19 
fishman12

But it's the fact that some members, myself included, were going over the limit of 8 lines.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #20 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmckin20 View Post
There is a "show signature" option where you can hit it and no longer display signatures..

doesn't it seem easier if one individual has a problem with signatures to cut off their display rather than trying to moderate everyone's signatures?
I don't think you can block viewing other signatures but I'm going to check that in a minute.

I think the show signature is only an option for your own signature - i.e. if I don't want to show my signature in a particular post, that's when I'd deselect the show signature option.

The signature guidelines allow for plenty of lines and pics. - do we really need to see a signature as the focal point instead of the actual post?

I'm all about being creative and unique and there's a way to do that without bright red or pink 20 font with 10 lines and pictures.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote