Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #41 
Laki

Thanks to the last 2 replies! Fortunately Oliver doesn't have any of those symptoms and is perfectly fine now. He has been #1 with the litterbox since the first day we brought him home, regardless of the type of litter in there!!
I will look around for gastro food. I was told to pick up urinary food as well. Since I probably cannot afford vet food is there any brands I can find easily (for a good price) that are good for gastrointestinal and urinary tracts that is also not full of garbage ingredients?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #42 
Gen2387

Sadly for the urinary food, the only kind you can really trust are the ones you can buy at the vet. I'm not saying that because I work at one but because it's a medical diet and there won't be any that's truly effective that you can buy somewhere else than the vet. Medi-cal Urinary SO, Purina UR or Hill's prescrption diet C/D are very good.

For Gastrointestinal diets, i'm not too familiar with the ones sold outside of vet clinics but Royal Canin makes ok diets sold outside of vet clinics. Purina vet diets EN sold in clinics is not too expensive. look it up. :)
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #43 
BettaHeart

royal canin and science diet are two brands i would trust, umm .. i didnt really read the entire thread except your first post. Science diet has a cat food thats great for sensitive stomachs. I hope everything is going well for your kitty, i used to own several but that was when i was younger and lived in the country, i will always love cats.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #44 
Laki

Hm, I think it's something I will look into. I want what's best. The house I stayed last night had a beautiful dark chocolate siamese who ate (all dry -_- ) hoilistic food. He was such a gorgeous weight and shiny and healthy. I want Oliver on holistic too, currently he gets the closest to holistic without being labeled holisitc.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote