Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #41 
registereduser

Here is a video I made of Pooh eating her "sinking wafer". As you can see, she hasn't even waited for it to soften up before tearing into it

She's not much bigger than the wafer!

I made another of her eating the floating food but it won't be ready for an hour on vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/34450704
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #42 
Marvel170

So I just bought a white and red male veil tail from my local petsmart this afternoon,he wasn't very active untill I picked him up then he wouldn't stop swimming around his cup..but he's pretty layed back too..but since i've gotten him home and into his tank he hasn't moved much and has his fins pullled into his body...now he's been in there for a few hours he's moving around more but still not very active.. so my question is, is he just getting use to the place, or does it sound like something is wrong with him?
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #43 
registereduser

oops, it's ready but I can't add it to the previous post so here she is again:

http://vimeo.com/34451903
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #44 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Here is a video I made of Pooh eating her "sinking wafer". As you can see, she hasn't even waited for it to soften up before tearing into it

She's not much bigger than the wafer!

I made another of her eating the floating food but it won't be ready for an hour on vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/34450704
Fry tend to have the desire to eat more than adults even though adults and fry will eat round the clock if food is given to them.

I just saw the last video you posted and it seems that she might have a nice light red color coming in on her caudal fin. Am I correct? It will be pretty interesting to see her color in!

Just to ease my conscience, what is the temperature in the tank? Sorry if you have stated this information before, but how many gallons do you have her in?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #45 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Fry tend to have the desire to eat more than adults even though adults and fry will eat round the clock if food is given to them.

I just saw the last video you posted and it seems that she might have a nice light red color coming in on her caudal fin. Am I correct? It will be pretty interesting to see her color in!

Just to ease my conscience, what is the temperature in the tank? Sorry if you have stated this information before, but how many gallons do you have her in?
Sometimes I think I see red, too. That would be awesome!

I have a 5 gallon tank with a filter and heater. The heater can't seem to get the water warmer than 76 but that's probably because it's winter time.

Next step is to get some plants. I'm thinking mostly soft fake ones with one or 2 real ones. I bought some of those bulbs but they are duds just like everyone here says LOL.

I haven't had a fish tank since I was a kid, this is so fun. Fish are so relaxing, I can feel my blood pressure decrease as I watch them
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #46 
gossipgirl1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel170 View Post
So I just bought a white and red male veil tail from my local petsmart this afternoon,he wasn't very active untill I picked him up then he wouldn't stop swimming around his cup..but he's pretty layed back too..but since i've gotten him home and into his tank he hasn't moved much and has his fins pullled into his body...now he's been in there for a few hours he's moving around more but still not very active.. so my question is, is he just getting use to the place, or does it sound like something is wrong with him?
First of all-welcome to the forum!

It sounds like he probably is just settling in. The transition from the tiny cup to an actual tank can take some adjustment (not to mention the ride home from the store and all). Some take a little bit of time to get used to new settings. He may not eat real well at first either. More settling in. Hopefully in a few days he'll perk up, explore the tank and enjoy his new home.

Best of luck with your new little friend!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #47 
gossipgirl1031

Quote:
oops, it's ready but I can't add it to the previous post so here she is again:

http://vimeo.com/34451903
So cute!! I love how feisty the babies are! I should put up a video of my babies. They are starting to really show some good color. My only "good" way of recording is to use my phone and upload to youtube, I'll try that. Your baby is precious :)
Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #48 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipgirl1031 View Post
So cute!! I love how feisty the babies are! I should put up a video of my babies. They are starting to really show some good color. My only "good" way of recording is to use my phone and upload to youtube, I'll try that. Your baby is precious :)
thanks I'd love to see yours and others if possible!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #49 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Sometimes I think I see red, too. That would be awesome!

I have a 5 gallon tank with a filter and heater. The heater can't seem to get the water warmer than 76 but that's probably because it's winter time.

Next step is to get some plants. I'm thinking mostly soft fake ones with one or 2 real ones. I bought some of those bulbs but they are duds just like everyone here says LOL.

I haven't had a fish tank since I was a kid, this is so fun. Fish are so relaxing, I can feel my blood pressure decrease as I watch them
Thank you! I'm sure that 76*F is fine for now. If it is in fact because the season, I would suggest watching the heater during the summer because the temp can rise rapidly and over heat.

Yes plants and caves or something she can just it in will be fine because bettas do rest and they would like something that makes them feel secure and not too roomy. See if you can find silk plants. They are the best, but not a huge deal if you find some other soft cloth type items.

I agree completely! Sometimes I just sit back and watch them swim around. I don't completely understand why, but fish have always been so relaxing for me. They help me think and they are my greatest inspiration. I get my best ideas when watching or even thinking of them.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 AM   #50 
gossipgirl1031

They actually do help lower BP! I'm in nursing school and worked in several medical offices. It apparently can help with "white coat hypertension". I love sitting back and watching my happy little fishies (and my snoring/purring sleeping Jack).

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta