Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Smile I made a video - warning, graphic content!

It's graphic, because I know some people are squirmish towards the look and appearance of ill bettas (and other fish)

It shows all the bettas I thought deserved an appearance of "Betta Fish Reality" such as Maine, Reggie, Shiloh, my females and Little Sarah, and most importantly... Spartan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEfUybr9SQg

Click to your own discretion. Thanks for watching
Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

Why are you blaming breeders for an illness when you don't even know where or WHAT the illness is? For all you know it could be something you did. I really wish you would stop touting your opinion and experience as fact.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

It wasn't something I did that killed Maine... we figured that much ouch... And I didn't aim it at ALL breeders. Most breeders I know are pretty awesome at what they do. But HIS pet store breeder, has been getting so many... sick bettas to this store it is ridiculous.

And where, does it say "I am right suck it up you all are stupid and don't know anything" It doesn't. I wish you'd lay off! don't like the video, don't watch it plain and simple. You're being offensive towards me because you think I am bashing ALL breeders.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #4 
bettafish15

Why post a video that's graphic, when nobody wants to watch such a thing anyways? @.@
Old 01-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

All I did was make a warning there are some graphic pictures (injured sick bettas)... If it was a video of bettas fighting (I'd never!) then yeah...wouldn't post it x.x

I put "graphic" in there, because I wouldn't want someone who cannot stand those certain pictures.. Better to warn ahead of time

And 1F2F, wasn't it YOU who told me, that breeding should be to help the genetics? What about the breeders...like Maine's breeder... who don't? They don't create new color combos. Nothing fancy. Nothing healthy. My co-worker had a betta, same time I had Maine. And both our fish were in pretty darn good conditions... Then Maine overnight got hit with ich and this "burnt" look... We figured, "maybe someone sprayed something near his tank?" so water change... AQ salt... IAL... nothing worked. temperature increase didn't help. None of my other fish were sick - couldn't be the food. the conditioner... of which I got new conditioner just in case.
There was a thread for it. Thought you posted on it? Maybe not. Thought you did.
My coworker's betta who looked pretty much the same as Maine (like it matters anyways) died the same way... and she couldn't do anything and she felt guilty because she thought she did something wrong.. even though the betta was fed good food, was in 78 degrees, was in 5 cycled gallons..

Please stop saying that I am "touting my experience and opinion as if it were fact". Because I'm not. If I had ALLLLL the experience in the world (impossible) I wouldn't be on this site. I'm here to learn, and here to help. If you have not noticed, I do add "not sure, someone correct me" or "I think.. not sure" or "in my experience" or "in my opinion" or plain and simple "I dont know."

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-03-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #6 
HOTPOKKIT

Not a great first post, but...

Between the HOT mess of a site and this.. less than accurate.. video, it looks like you're doing more harm than good.

I'd stop calling yourself a 'rescue' and keep with pets..
Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Thanks for the offense.

I'm sorry I cannot word things right. or that you interpret it wrong. I'm sorry I'm not the best, or that I come across as trying to know more than I do. I like to learn I learn from mistakes, I learn from people. But I don't learn from hate, anger, bashing, or scoffing. All that ever teaches me is that it is not worth the time and effort to argue, defend myself, or make a point. I'm done with this, you know that? I'm so tired of people seeing me as what you said. I'm NOT. I try NOT to be. I say things wrong, and screw everything up.

So there ya have it. if you want to report the thread go ahead I don't care right now.
I'll keep to myself, to make life easier for you, remain in my threads, and pm, and working on the rescue.

So, sorry again.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #8 
HOTPOKKIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Thanks for the offense.
Anytime.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #9 
Sakura8

Okay guys, I don't know what's going on here but I for one watched the video and I found it moving and inspiring. I think you did a great job putting the video together, Sena, and I think what you do with the rescuing is admirable.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post

And 1F2F, wasn't it YOU who told me, that breeding should be to help the genetics? What about the breeders...like Maine's breeder... who don't? They don't create new color combos. Nothing fancy. Nothing healthy. My co-worker had a betta, same time I had Maine. And both our fish were in pretty darn good conditions... Then Maine overnight got hit with ich and this "burnt" look... We figured, "maybe someone sprayed something near his tank?" so water change... AQ salt... IAL... nothing worked. temperature increase didn't help. None of my other fish were sick - couldn't be the food. the conditioner... of which I got new conditioner just in case.
There was a thread for it. Thought you posted on it? Maybe not. Thought you did.
My coworker's betta who looked pretty much the same as Maine (like it matters anyways) died the same way... and she couldn't do anything and she felt guilty because she thought she did something wrong.. even though the betta was fed good food, was in 78 degrees, was in 5 cycled gallons..

Please stop saying that I am "touting my experience and opinion as if it were fact". Because I'm not. If I had ALLLLL the experience in the world (impossible) I wouldn't be on this site. I'm here to learn, and here to help. If you have not noticed, I do add "not sure, someone correct me" or "I think.. not sure" or "in my experience" or "in my opinion" or plain and simple "I dont know."
Yes I said breeding should be to better the fish. But no where in that video did you say that it was possible the fish got sick AFTER leaving the breeder. You said, straight up, "look what my breeder did to me, he BRED this". You don't even know what the illness was you don't know if it is possibly something they got at the warehouse, at the pet shop, or possibly at the breeders.
Closed Thread