Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #11 
eaglescout434
New Member
 
eaglescout434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Okahoma
Nice pics thanks for replying i am just starting my first sorority and i wanted to see what other peoples looked like! cool looking tanks and fish

@littlebetta wow you have had many did you ever have any problem with them getting into fights?

@bettaheart I bet the sisters have loved being together since birth!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #12 
LittleBettaFish
Member
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
There's one female in there who is getting moved out as she constantly picks on one of the other ones in there. However, all the rest get on great. I plonked two new females in there the other day and it's been nearly a week and they have settled in beautifully.

My tub sorority was the same. Aside from some bickering when I put two mature females from the pet store in, there was no serious fighting or indications of stress.

I just make sure I have heaps and heaps of cover (particularly at the surface) so everyone can get away from each other if they have to.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #13 
BettaHeart
Member
 
BettaHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescout434 View Post
Nice pics thanks for replying i am just starting my first sorority and i wanted to see what other peoples looked like! cool looking tanks and fish

@littlebetta wow you have had many did you ever have any problem with them getting into fights?

@bettaheart I bet the sisters have loved being together since birth!

thanks. The "sister club" has been a far more mellow show then my 30gal was (was being the operative word)
I havent had to worry too much about torn fins and such as it doesnt occur as much as it would with a regular sorority, i think. I was going to sell acouple of the sisters but I cant part with them hahaha..
I am going to be moving them to the 30gal now that its been sterilized and looking for acouple more to add over the next few months.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #14 
eaglescout434
New Member
 
eaglescout434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Okahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
There's one female in there who is getting moved out as she constantly picks on one of the other ones in there. However, all the rest get on great. I plonked two new females in there the other day and it's been nearly a week and they have settled in beautifully.

My tub sorority was the same. Aside from some bickering when I put two mature females from the pet store in, there was no serious fighting or indications of stress.

I just make sure I have heaps and heaps of cover (particularly at the surface) so everyone can get away from each other if they have to.
Thanks for the info the last two pics on the start of this thread i hope covers the top a lot more so their line of sight will be broken up and thanks for the heads up!! my first go at this and i am a little nervous lol
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #15 
eaglescout434
New Member
 
eaglescout434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Okahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
thanks. The "sister club" has been a far more mellow show then my 30gal was (was being the operative word)
I havent had to worry too much about torn fins and such as it doesnt occur as much as it would with a regular sorority, i think. I was going to sell acouple of the sisters but I cant part with them hahaha..
I am going to be moving them to the 30gal now that its been sterilized and looking for acouple more to add over the next few months.
oh yes lol i dont think that i would ever give breeding a try because i would end up with at least 20 more bettas than i started with haha i have heard that sisters tend to be less aggressive toward each other. good luck with your 30 gallon sorority too i would love to see pics!!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish
Member
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Yeah since all my girls like to squish themselves up at the front of the tank, I like a lot of cover as this is where fights break out. If you have the right light fitting, you could grow some water sprite. It requires ferts maybe once a week and grows incredibly fast. It's what I use in my tank to break everything up.

Mine get blasted with about 100 watts of light for 4-6 hours a day, and at the moment they are out-competing the algae - that's how fast they grow.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #17 
eaglescout434
New Member
 
eaglescout434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Okahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Yeah since all my girls like to squish themselves up at the front of the tank, I like a lot of cover as this is where fights break out. If you have the right light fitting, you could grow some water sprite. It requires ferts maybe once a week and grows incredibly fast. It's what I use in my tank to break everything up.

Mine get blasted with about 100 watts of light for 4-6 hours a day, and at the moment they are out-competing the algae - that's how fast they grow.
wow thats interesting! I have never tried real plants before and i didnt want to try two new things in one shot (sorority & plants) so i just went with the sorority I would eventually like to start a planted tank though.
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish
Member
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I prefer live plants as not only do they look more natural, if you get them growing they will help with the removal of ammonia/nitrates and provide lots of cover for your fish. Plus, there will never be any need to buy anymore plants as they are a renewable resource in your tank.

Water sprite and wisteria (looks great floating) are too really easy ways to fill up your tank. They are pretty cheap to purchase, easy to grow (I plant my water sprite in plain old gravel with a root tab for nutrients) and will quickly overtake your tank if given the right conditions.

Plus if you have excess, you can always sell it off to other forum members and make yourself a bit of change in the process.

You just need to ensure you have the right type of light as otherwise your plants won't grow at all.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #19 
eaglescout434
New Member
 
eaglescout434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Okahoma
That sounds great i hope that i will get to start a fully live tank soon!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #20 
eaglescout434
New Member
 
eaglescout434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Okahoma
Update!!! My bettas didnt ship out last week but did ship this week and will be arriving tomorrow!!! Im ready for them to be here lol ill post some more pics when I have them all in the tank together! Thanks for everyones suggestions and pictures as well!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
female betta, pictures, sorority

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Sorority with Pics =D PucknLoki Betta Fish Care 5 09-11-2010 07:09 PM
Sorority Pics doggyhog Betta Pictures 12 07-25-2010 10:47 PM
Sorority Pics 1fish2fish Betta Pictures 12 07-06-2010 05:05 PM
New pics of my sorority~ ninjafish Betta Pictures 10 05-26-2010 11:22 PM
My sorority! Pics soon! Maryrox247 Betta Fish Care 2 04-27-2010 01:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.