Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #11511 
BettaHeart

love Pulp Fiction

rant: seeing so many great bettas being sold and food being offered, FOR FREE! and not being able to benefit

anit-rant: babies are growing but not many are to be found, think its more genetic then anything else. The ones i can are big and so cute with their little floating eyes
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #11512 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, they sound cute.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #11513 
bahamut285

Rant: Kind of still upset at the lack of action following up with the "Improvement Thread". Feel like this place is going to the John.

Anti-rant: It's a little warmer out today, don't need to wear two pairs of pants, lmao
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #11514 
Betta Slave

Rant- woke up this morning and Tobi was dead :( He was fine in the pet-store, but when I put him into the tank... I don't know what the heck happened... I KNOW I rinsed all the bleach out.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #11515 
AngesRadieux

WHY MUST POP SINGERS RUIN EVERYTHING?! *bangs head repeatedly* Apparently some IDIOT thought it would be a good idea to make a movie version of LES MISERABLES with TAYLOR SWIFT and that girl from Mamma Mia cast in leading roles. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! They can't sing it. Period. They're going to KILL one of my favorite musicals. One, NO MOVIE NEEDS TO BE MADE! They already filmed the 10th anniversary concert. THAT'S THE ONLY FILMED VERSION YOU NEED! Second, if a movie MUST be made, can't they AT LEAST cast PEOPLE WHO CAN SING THE ROLES? I'm sorry. Les Miserables requires classically trained singers. It needs singers who AT LEAST know the fundamentals of breath support, placement, and posture. I'm SO ANGRY right now! Eponine can't have a tiny, nasally little voice and there's NO WAY that person from Mamma Mia has a high C. Her voice is NOT suited to Cosette. Yes, I'd like to hear someone who DOESN'T have ridiculously fast, uncontrolled vibratto playing Cosette. But a CLASSICALLY TRAINED SINGER who has a more mature timbre! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! *bangs head on desk*
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #11516 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Rant- woke up this morning and Tobi was dead :( He was fine in the pet-store, but when I put him into the tank... I don't know what the heck happened... I KNOW I rinsed all the bleach out.

Oh, no! I'm sorry.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #11517 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
WHY MUST POP SINGERS RUIN EVERYTHING?! *bangs head repeatedly* Apparently some IDIOT thought it would be a good idea to make a movie version of LES MISERABLES with TAYLOR SWIFT and that girl from Mamma Mia cast in leading roles. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! They can't sing it. Period. They're going to KILL one of my favorite musicals. One, NO MOVIE NEEDS TO BE MADE! They already filmed the 10th anniversary concert. THAT'S THE ONLY FILMED VERSION YOU NEED! Second, if a movie MUST be made, can't they AT LEAST cast PEOPLE WHO CAN SING THE ROLES? I'm sorry. Les Miserables requires classically trained singers. It needs singers who AT LEAST know the fundamentals of breath support, placement, and posture. I'm SO ANGRY right now! Eponine can't have a tiny, nasally little voice and there's NO WAY that person from Mamma Mia has a high C. Her voice is NOT suited to Cosette. Yes, I'd like to hear someone who DOESN'T have ridiculously fast, uncontrolled vibratto playing Cosette. But a CLASSICALLY TRAINED SINGER who has a more mature timbre! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! *bangs head on desk*
What what what?? This is hideous!! Les Mis is my all time favorite musical and I'm trying to keep my dinner down after reading this.

Why must people make everything cheesey?? Grrrrrr
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #11518 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
Rant: Kind of still upset at the lack of action following up with the "Improvement Thread". Feel like this place is going to the John.

Anti-rant: It's a little warmer out today, don't need to wear two pairs of pants, lmao
Admin has a life and I'm sure he'll get to it when he can, :)
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #11519 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
Wait, whaaaaat? I know Hugh Jackman is playing Jean Valjean but whaaaaaaat? What's wrong with Lea Salonga as Eponine? She played her for years . . . oh please don't tell me that Jonas kid is playing Marius again. I understand Michael Ball is too old for the role now but there's got to be someone better than the Jonas kid.

And a note on the Hugh Jackman thing. I seriously love the dude, I think he is a born song and dance man of the highest quality. But no one, not even Hugh, can sing "Bring Him Home" like Colm Wilkinson.

Now for my rant:
My mom is sick. What does she do? Allows herself to be talked into having two guests over for dinner. The girl is a college-age kid whom we've known for a while. At first I liked her, but once she got into college she changed and became very shallow, selfish, and materialistic and I think she uses us for free meals (she's never paid for even just herself). She comes from a poor family with a single mother so in the past, we've really helped her out a lot, bought her a Macbook when she went to college, my dad spent months finding her a cheap used car, her boyfriend has stayed with us . . . I love her mom and her sister but the girl herself drives me nuts. When she comes to visit, she stays forever! Mom, seriously, you're sick. What were you thinking???? *facepalm*

Aaaand there's the doorbell. *pastes on fake smile*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #11520 
Salamandair

Rant: I love my best friend, believe me I do. She's been my best friend for 6-7 years. But her having TWO bettas in a divided .5 gallon really makes me want to save them. So bad. She can barely take care of the two dogs and god knows what else she has in the house now. Oh, she'll willing to take a new tank if I buy it for her, but she has to spend her money on OTHER things. Like I don't want another betta or I have bills to pay with what little I'm getting right now. I know she's not a huge betta addict like me, but still =/

Only hope I have is if her boyfriend gets fed up with her buying animals, cause now she wants a hamster and/or a ferret, and forces her to get rid of them. Poor things.
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou