Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #1 
Tikibirds

Talking Sluggles - my rescue, save, sympathy purchase...

....whatever you want to call it.

I actually was going to leave this guy cause he was on his side, gasping for air and unable to swim. But the Boyfriend pointed him out and so home with me he went (he never takes an intrest in fish so when he points one out, it goes home with me).

First of all, there were bits and peices of his blue fins floating all over his cup, along with alot of uneatten food. So I wasn't surprised when the ammonia reading was literally off the chart >.<

he spent his first few days in his cup, rooming with King Bumi who was not happy with the uninvited tank guest. he didnt really move much, just sat there with rapid gill movement.

After a few days in the cup with Amquel plus, and IAL..he started eatting again.

The I moved him into a...veggie krisper. Yup. He can;t really swim up and the krisper is fairly wide so he has some room to scoot around. There is about 2 gallon of water with IAL, and 3 teaspoons of epsom. he can swim a bit better but he may have a spine injury?

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #2 
blueridge

Awwww poor guy! I love stories like these. Hope he gets better!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #3 
ManInBlack2010

oh my gosh thats horrible! the poor guy :( i'm so glad you took him home and gave him a chance, i'm pulling for him! please keep us updated!
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #4 
Tikibirds

He seems a little better every day I hope he is strong enough for our move tomorrow - across the country. Literally. Im gonna prep some water so I can kinda change it out along the way but still, it's at least a weeks journey or more depending on road conditions.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #5 
ManInBlack2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
He seems a little better every day I hope he is strong enough for our move tomorrow - across the country. Literally. Im gonna prep some water so I can kinda change it out along the way but still, it's at least a weeks journey or more depending on road conditions.
with... looking at your siggy... 24 bettas a dog and a chinchilla??? i pray for you, lol - i couldn't imagine moving my 3 betta across country let alone that school haha
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #6 
Tikibirds

Quote:
24 bettas a dog and a chinchilla???
Not to mention I am starting in Alaska and going to New York. In Winter
with two customs crossings . The dog and chinchilla have vet health certificates, but I am hoping they don't find the fish.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

Oh I'm hoping and praying for a smooth transport! Canadians are pretty good with boarder crossing stuff, it's going into USA that's a pickle. But thankfully you're American so that will work in your favor lol Love the new boy, hope for full recovery!!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #8 
Tikibirds

I am more worried about the US crossing too. Last time they were total (@#$%$ . I am hoping that since we are crossing over in North Dakota they wont be as anal as the ones over by Montreal. There was nothing on the US customs site that said I couldnt bring bettas.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 01-05-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #9 
betta lover1507

poor little guy :( hope he has the strength. you have 24 betta's 0-o i want that much XD if he dosen't atleast he knew the moments that has been happy to him {:)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #10 
Tikibirds

Yup - but 9 are females share a tank and 6 of the males are in 2 divided 10 gallons. Makes it easier on the water changes

I have been feeding him a afew times a day since he is literally paper thin