Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #11 
Betta Slave

Happy New Year! :3

I'm not trying to start an argument, but she's not a cambodian because her fins are the same color as her body, pretty well. (You know what I mean- obviously you can't have a transparent betta. :P) She's just a cellophane. I mean, yes, her body is flesh-colored, but her fins would be classified as "flesh-colored" in this case as well.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 01-05-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #12 
bettalover2033

@Bettaslave: Oh gosh bettaslave...why do ya have to bring in the technicalities. LOL. Though unless you have some kind of proof I have to disagree with you. Cambodians do have flesh looking bodies(yes) but a cello cambo's fins dont count as flesh colored fins. Never heard of that as well.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #13 
Betta Slave

I'm sorry, I'm pretty picky about this kinda stuff. XD

Well, in this case, I see it's more a matter of personal opinion, so I'll leave it at that. :3
Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

I understand and agree that im picky as well. I dont know why, but it just bugs me.

Okay, though for agruements sake, why do you think its opinion?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #15 
Betta Slave

Because... well, cellophanes are plain, right? Flesh colored bodies and fins to match, in this case- or as close as you can get to flesh-colored fins. Pure cellophanes only show one pigment of one color, is my understanding, though don't quote me on that. Cambodians, on the other hand, have flesh-colored bodies and pigmented fins, usually red. So cellophane cambodians can't really exist. Cambodians are characterized by their flesh-colored bodies and pigmented fins, and as a cellophane's fins are not pigmented, it just doesn't work. XD That's what I think anyway.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 01-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Cellophanes have clearish fins. I'm glad you guys can agree to disagree without arguing. I've had enough of that. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #17 
Betta Slave

No problem, DQ. I've been getting tired about the bickering that goes on around here as well. It's been pretty ridiculous. >.>
Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

It IS ridiculous. I like it when people can solve their own problems. lol Makes my job easier.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #19 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Because... well, cellophanes are plain, right? Flesh colored bodies and fins to match, in this case- or as close as you can get to flesh-colored fins. Pure cellophanes only show one pigment of one color, is my understanding, though don't quote me on that. Cambodians, on the other hand, have flesh-colored bodies and pigmented fins, usually red. So cellophane cambodians can't really exist. Cambodians are characterized by their flesh-colored bodies and pigmented fins, and as a cellophane's fins are not pigmented, it just doesn't work. XD That's what I think anyway.
Ah. I see what you mean. It does make sense when you put it like that. Very true, but a couple other questions: So how do you explain this guy:

Link: http://www.aquarea.proboards.com/ind...uote=83&page=1

(The sixth and seventh picture)

Would he be considered a cambodian or does his body have to be more of a pink-red-ish color?

Though you say that cello's don't have any pigments in their fins how would you explain the Cellophane and red Cambodian butterfly? I think this is the closest picture I got to one.

http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbettashm1283911213.jpg Though I'll look for more tomorrow...I want your opinion. (This isn't an argument, I am just curious). And sorry, but I do ask many questions lol

@DQ: I know what you mean. there has been such an annoyance on stupid pointless topics. Like the arguing over the signatures and things like that. Ridiculous now.

Last edited by bettalover2033; 01-06-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #20 
Betta Slave

No, you don't ask too many questions. XD I like answering things.

For the first link, no, he wouldn't be considered a cambodian. His body is flesh-colored, yes, but his fins aren't entirely pigmented. A true cambodian has to have ALL red (or any other color) fins, and this boy only has a tiny bit of color in his.

I wouldn't consider the second picture a true cambodian either, since he has some of that red color in his body. Also, as the red isn't completely consistent and balanced in his fins, I would call him more of a marble; a true butterfly's colors should be more even and proportionate.