Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #1 
Pufferfish22

Fish compatibility?

I have a Biorb that currently houses 5 european neon tetras, 4 red tetras and 5 harlequin rasboras, they look a bit boring even though they do shoal nicely, but do you think adding a betta fish would be OK? I love them and have wanted one for a long time but don't want any bullying from the other fish. Do you think they'll be compatible?
Pufferfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #2 
wnppmy

Might give the tank size, heard of other fish with Bettas but watch, one party mentioned little issues long as the fish doesn't resemble another Betta as 2 Male Bettas will likely fight. How do you like the Biorb so far ?
wnppmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #3 
kfryman

Tank size is important. One problem with the bio-orb is the bubbler. I have heard that it is pretty strong. And does it have a lid that has access to fresh air or no lid?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #4 
Pufferfish22

It's a 37 litre Biorb that has an air gap at the top and a lid that fits snuggly but allows air in through small holes. I really like the look of it but it can be difficult to see the fish especially as they are so small which was why I was thinking of getting a betta fish to go in there. The bubbler is quite strong but only through the centre coloum with lots of bubble free swimming around it. I might go ahead and get a betta if these fish are compatable
Pufferfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #5 
shinybetta

37 litres is 9 gallons, right? If so, I wouldn't add a betta. Those fish should be compatible with a betta (though it depends on the betta, 'cause some are really aggressive!) if you got a larger tank.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #6 
fishy friend2

yeah that tank isnt big enough to house those fish and a betta. and one more reason is just because red eyes are very nippy tetras. and you only have 4 of them, so that would make it worse.
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote