Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #81 
Tikibirds

They had two tonight and I so wanted to take them home but they were real tiny...nothing but eyes and fin. However I am leaving today for NY and I dont think they would be able to make the 5000 mile journey. I'm not even sure my adults can survive it.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #82 
Marvel170

Thanks gossipgirl just an update he has perked up and started eatting, so I think he's starting to settle into his new home
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #83 
Marvel170

Good luck and best wishes to you on your journey tikibirds
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #84 
Foxell

I really don't like the idea of pet stores selling such young bettas. Especially because so many people are going to think "Awww cute baby betta must have!" and no understand proper betta care, never mind such young bettas.

The employees don't even know how to care for them. I rescued a youngin' from Petsmart a few weeks ago, who was emaciated. They told me they fed him but he just wouldn't eat along with a few others. They were trying to feed him full sized pellets -.- He obviously couldn't eat them because they wouldn't even fit in his mouth.

He's now getting big and has gotten a lot more healthy. He's gained weight and is turning into a little rainbow fish! He unfortunately has a bent spine due to poor breeding, but it doesn't affect him it all :]

My baby Sprout when I first got him:

And a more recent picture of him:
Foxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #85 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxell View Post

My baby Sprout when I first got him:

And a more recent picture of him:
very very cute!

I bought some silk plants today and Pooh is really enjoying them. But now I don't see her as much.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #86 
gossipgirl1031

Adorable! It's incredible how much they change in such a short span of time :)

Marvel-I'm happy to hear your baby is adjusting & settling in nicely-continued good luck!

Good luck on your journey Tiki :)
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #87 
skiblits

All of the baby bettas from Petco come in at 6 weeks of age. I brought home 2, both in different tanks of course. One I'm pretty sure is a female the other seems to be turning out to be a male.
Attached Images

skiblits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #88 
gossipgirl1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiblits View Post
All of the baby bettas from Petco come in at 6 weeks of age. I brought home 2, both in different tanks of course. One I'm pretty sure is a female the other seems to be turning out to be a male.
Very cute!!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:24 AM   #89 
WineDarkSea

registered user,

I noticed that on the big version of your avatar pic that you posted of Pooh, she has an iridescent gold shimmer. Can you see that with the naked eye, or is it only visible in the camera flash? I watched your vids of her eating and didn't see it there.

Now, I am a total amateur at fishkeeping, but that worried me because I thought the gold on Pooh looked like the pic I saw in this thread:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....=velvet&page=2

That fish was diagnosed with velvet, and I understand one of the trademarks is that the gold can't be seen without a light like a flash or flashlight. I don't want to scare you because, as I said, I don't know anything, and you said she acts very healthy. I almost didn't think I should say anything but better safe than sorry, right? Probably if it was anything, one of the knowledgeable people on the forum would already have flagged it. But maybe you should get one of the experts on the forum to have a look at that picture and see if it's just her natural coloration coming in or anything to worry about.

Anyway, sorry to bother you and be all scary and stuff. I'm sure you're paranoid enough about her without me helping. Pooh is really adorable. I think you're taking amazing care of her. She was really cute having dinner with the algae eater.
WineDarkSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #90 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineDarkSea View Post
registered user,

I noticed that on the big version of your avatar pic that you posted of Pooh, she has an iridescent gold shimmer. Can you see that with the naked eye, or is it only visible in the camera flash? I watched your vids of her eating and didn't see it there.

Now, I am a total amateur at fishkeeping, but that worried me because I thought the gold on Pooh looked like the pic I saw in this thread:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....=velvet&page=2

That fish was diagnosed with velvet, and I understand one of the trademarks is that the gold can't be seen without a light like a flash or flashlight. I don't want to scare you because, as I said, I don't know anything, and you said she acts very healthy. I almost didn't think I should say anything but better safe than sorry, right? Probably if it was anything, one of the knowledgeable people on the forum would already have flagged it. But maybe you should get one of the experts on the forum to have a look at that picture and see if it's just her natural coloration coming in or anything to worry about.

Anyway, sorry to bother you and be all scary and stuff. I'm sure you're paranoid enough about her without me helping. Pooh is really adorable. I think you're taking amazing care of her. She was really cute having dinner with the algae eater.
With the naked eye she is a very plain brown although I do see a SLIGHT reddish tone coming in. The flash makes her blue, wish it was real! Thanks for the info, will keep an eye out!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby betta, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta