Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #1 
thePWNISHER

Looking to upgrade my T8 bulb

24" 17 Watt T8 8,000k on my 29g

So That is what I am set up with right now. I know that my local chain shops only have up to 20 watts on their 24" T8 bulbs, but that is too low of lighting. I'm looking to upgrade because my malaysian drift wood should be spilling out tannins for another 6 months I hope and I really wanted a little more watts from the lighting to reach the bottom. My plants grow fine now but most are reaching near the top and I was hoping to prune/propagate them but last round of doing that I lost half of them since being near the bottom
they are getting too little light. I think the tannins are affecting how much reaches the bottom recesses of the tank.

So.....Where can I find a 24" T8 with around 45-60 watts? I have ferts an CO2 through my Hagan DIY recipes in the tank. Searching online I could not find anything above a 29w for a 24" T8 sized bulb.

Was wondering if anyone had found something more ideal and where for a decent price?
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote