Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #1 
Flame1990

Question How often do you feed your betta???

Hi! I am a new betta owner and the food I bought for my betta is called Tetra Betta floating mini pellets. it says I should feed my betta 3-4 pellets twice daily. I have been doing this but I just wanted to make sure if this was enough or to much to feed him, I have heard different things from different sites on how much you should feed them.. how much do you guys feed your betta?
Flame1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #2 
SmokeNLark

It depends on the size of the pellets. Mine get 2 pellets twice a day. I do have a smaller fish who eats much smaller pellets and he gets about 3 twice a day. So it sounds like you're feeding a good amount. Keep in mind some pellets expand and your bettas stomach is about the size of his eye.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #3 
AngelicScars

4-5 a day(with one day of fasting). I have the tetra pellets I believe.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #4 
Zappity

I give my boy 2 Hikari Bio-Gold pellets twice daily. I tried 3 twice daily yesterday, but he got bloated xD So back to 2.
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #5 
wnppmy

Fed mine up 3 or more pellets twice aday, he slaked off eating in morning, now 3 pellets each morning, every other night just 1 or 2 pellets seems to be working better.
wnppmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #6 
Pitluvs

We feed Aqueon pellets and they get 4 pellets twice a day. We don't do fasting since we feed a large variety of foods (frozen).
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #7 
AzureFish

3 Aqueon pellets 3 times a day for our guy. One fasting day a week.(We were overfeeding a bit, so we cut back) I have a feeling he would eat until he couldn't physically fit any more into his stomach, if he could. I've been told that some bettas are quite the little piggies.
AzureFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #8 
WiggleSwim

I feed 3-4 a day. I have the Aqueon Betta Pellet Food. sometimes I feel bad, like he is not getting enough, because he keeps looking at the top of the tank for more food. I tried to feed him the Aqueon Tropical Flakes that came with my tank, but they were way too big and he had to spit it out. In fact, before he ate it, he was looking at me like "What the hell is this? Where is my normal food?"
WiggleSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #9 
sophie1403

Betta fish food

I used to have a betta and i fed him about three pellets every other day so Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and then Sunday. Then i would switch. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. i hope this helps you
sophie1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #10 
jadaBlu

Once a day 4 pellets Omega One. If you can add Omega one to your fishes diet they sell it at Petco and Petsmart. It's a better quality food. Many people switch between types of food to give variety to the bettas diet. Ideally you want a food not containing wheat or corn as this is not part of a bettas natural diet.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta food, care, feeding, male betta, proper care