Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #391 
MrVampire181

As a breeder with a fair amount of experience I don't like it when my posts are ignored for a member who doesn't have the experience I do. Also its sad that threads are getting closed before any discussion can actually happen.

Right now it seems like its people with experience and knowledge against members who think they know what they're doing. Around here its either you kiss up to people or automatically be called a bully. I'm sorry but no that's not how it should be.

Last edited by MrVampire181; 01-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #392 
Richard

i am new to both forums. only as of today can i respond as a moderator to the betta forum. while i am just learning thr ropes and the cast of character, i will try to be of assisstance.
does that therefore make 3 moderators. its a start.
best wishes
richard
Old 01-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #393 
Pitluvs

I don't know why you're posting to me Vamp, as nothing you are saying falls in line with what I said. All I'm saying is don't discriminate. I didn't say there was no immaturity, I'm just saying don't blame it all on the younger members of the forum. I posted before, there are adults on here that act just as badly.

It's actually weird because I posted pretty much everything you have said, just worded a bit differently. I said we need to know who knows what, and that there are people posting wrong information which is driving members away from this forum. I also never said anything about bullies. I'm really not sure why you are targeting me?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #394 
youlovegnats

Old 01-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #395 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I don't know why you're posting to me Vamp, as nothing you are saying falls in line with what I said. All I'm saying is don't discriminate. I didn't say there was no immaturity, I'm just saying don't blame it all on the younger members of the forum. I posted before, there are adults on here that act just as badly.

It's actually weird because I posted pretty much everything you have said, just worded a bit differently. I said we need to know who knows what, and that there are people posting wrong information which is driving members away from this forum. I also never said anything about bullies. I'm really not sure why you are targeting me?
sorry youre right i was on my phone and couldnt read very clearly. ill edit the first part out.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #396 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
:D its so relevant xD
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #397 
Banicks

Why do we have to find out who is smarter than who?

I think we need to stop skirting the issue. All this ‘reputation’ and ‘title’ stuff is a way of avoiding the simple fact. We should be directly and publicly addressing people misinforming, trolling or posting without pre-thought or taking it off topic.

The most simple way of solving this issue is to quote and post – “Disregard. This information is incorrect, and here’s why: etc”. Should there be a post of “Aww, wish I could take them home” in a sale section, report the post and mods should be deleting them. But because offense is taken, people don’t want to confront the issue head on? I personally think it’s ok to reality check someone once in a while, it puts them in place when they’re obviously out of line. I don’t mean checking someone who just disagrees with you on a split and valid option, for example large to small tank sizes providing WC is variably kept correct. I personally don’t like the idea of a small tank for a Betta, but there are those who do, and so long as said person keeps up with the appropriate WCs, I have no issue and no qualm with them.

For example, I was writing a detailed reply to someone with hard water issues. Someone replied, “I’m not really sure – but will doing a water change help?”. Well the simple fact in the matter is you answered your own reply in the first sentence, you don’t know. If you don’t know, don’t post. Don’t guess, as you said they’re living creatures. I usually have a creed on BF, if I have nothing constructive to add, don’t post. The exception to that being the chat thread, random chat. I can understand people want to help, but too many unsure unhelpful posts doesn’t get you anywhere.

I hear lots of people saying, oh my questions don’t get answered. It’s because the people who used to answer them don’t anymore. Those people have given up or left because no one will back them up when they checked against someone posting incorrect information or unhelpful information. Why? Because their feelings were hurt? It’s the internet, god help you in the real world. I find no one offensive on here, first of all because of the lack of physical contact or interaction in these forums you cannot place tone on what is being said. Any interpretation of tone, sarcasm or insult usually stems from your own subconscious.

I’m the same Banicks, Pitluvs. Just serious Banicks is serious on serious topics. Perhaps a perfect example of what I said above?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #398 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
sorry youre right i was on my phone and couldnt read very clearly. ill edit the first part out.
Now that's how things are handled, thank you Vamp for being understanding and calm about it :)
Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #399 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
Iím the same Banicks, Pitluvs. Just serious Banicks is serious on serious topics. Perhaps a perfect example of what I said above?
I was just trying to lighten up the mood, joke around with you. I haven't seen you posting on the chat forum and honestly didn't even know you were back until I saw you in here. Sorry, I'm guessing I was taken more seriously than I thought I would be... another perfect example of what you said above! lol
Old 01-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #400 
Banicks

Precisely. Rarely in chat lately, not had much to say when Miah and Diablo were chatting away.
Closed Thread