Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #1 
Rennae

Tank Setup for New Betta. Help?

So after doing the research and everything involved with a new Betta, I now have a tank set up and currently running. I put the water conditioner in and have the filter running and heater to get everything all set up and ready for the new Betta later this week. My big question is have I put too much in it? Below is a picture of the tank.

It's a 5 gallon tank and so my concern is if I have left enough room in it for him to be happy swimming around? Do they prefer less in their tanks for more room to swim? Or would he be happy with so much to play around and such?

I'm very excited to be getting my very first Betta at the end of the week and want it to be perfect for him arriving. Thanks for any tips you can give!
Rennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Looks nice to me! Just make sure none of those plants will shred his fins, the blue on in the middle looks suspicious to me lol Looks like someones getting a spoiled Betta!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #3 
Rennae

All the plants except the blue one are silk. The blue one is plastic, however it feels okay and not too sharp. However, I will keep my eyes on things regarding the blue plant. If I see anything wrong with it, I'll take it out immediately.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

I have a tall green one I put in my VT's tank and his tail ended up looking like a bunch of strings lol He was swimming across it and the individual leaves were making clean cuts lol But just keep and eye on it and if his tail does tear at least you will know what it is right? Do you know what type of Betta you want? Or are you going to let the Betta pick you? :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #5 
Rennae

I'm honestly not sure. Though I think I want to get a male Betta. I'd love to see the bubble nests he can make. But I plan on just going and seeing what is there and let him pick me.