my roommate has had this fish for about a month he was really healthy when we got him he lives in a 1gallon plastic tank with some rocks and a plastic plant but none the less he seemed fine and healthy, he would eat his coloring was great, fin was good, and he would swim around. on his water change which he has been used to by now she took him out and put him in his changing bowl with water that had been cleaned with ph cleaner and went to fill his bowl up with new water. upon his changing i glanced over at him and he was freaking out, but i thought it was normal b/c he was freaking out the day i got him for her and put him in his new tank. anyways when she came back in he was flipped on his side not moving, obviously dead. but after we put him back in his big bowl i looked in the small changing bowl and in it was something about (--) <--- this big in real life. i dont know waht it is but its small and has like a red lining around it..the roommate thinks its poop but i say its too big of an object to come out of that betta. so any ideas? we are really confused b/c the fish was normally fine with his water changes and she said he was just freaking out like normal. thanks.
What size container was the fish in? 1 gallon
What was the water temp? not too sure b/c we dont have a temp for our room but its pretty warm in here, and roommate said changing water wasnt cold but warm. but not like HOTTT.
How often did she feed the fish? How much and what foods each time? feeds the fish 2 times a day with 3 pellets each..those little circle ones.
How often did she change water and how much each time? once a week the whole bowl, i guess?
Did the fish lose color, appetite, develop fuzz on fins or body? Any symptoms you can describe would help a lot... did he lay near the bottom, did his eyes swell... anything you can offer here would be of big help. the fish was healthy, his eyes look clear..now they still do. when i glanced over at him he was just swimming around in the small bowl frantically, but i assumed this was normal. and that little thing found in the small bowl is beigey colored.
hope that was enough info. thanks :D