Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #21 
LyzzaRyzz

Also, changed the water on Zoolanders tank, was going to change the snails water, but im not sure how to change the water with eggs on the glass and gravel and possible baby snails roaming around...ugh..i put up a thread, but apparently, anything with "snail" in the title, people ignore..=[

And saturday, were getting a baby rat! I cant wait, its been so long since i had a baby one to raise..Sammi is all grown up, and i think shell do good with a little sister/daughter rattie to look after and play with..Im so excited! and im not sure if the weaning period is 6 weeks or 8, but either way, right off the mothers teat, to a great loving home!
Attached Images

LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #22 
LyzzaRyzz

How could i forget?!

Little Mr.[or Ms.?] Aquatic froggie, had and adventure at my boyfriends parents house. i was checking on him every half hour, til i went to show his mom, and there was no frog.

I started lookingon the ground, under the couch, the cushions, blaming the poor dog for eating him, telling my boyfriend that i wanted my frog back, and how could he just hide him on me like this?! I finally gave up, glaring at the dog, telling him that god help him if he threw up a peice of my frog...then Joes dad yelled, found him!
Clear across the room, behind a stand, was poor dry, sticky, covered in hair and lint froggie. He jumped away, plenty of life in him, and i gently picked him up and gingerly tried to unwrap the hair from his little legs, but they only seemed to pull tighter! Joes dad managed to work his magic on him in two seconds flat, i guess i was just nervous, and we plopped him back into the travel tank, and started fishing out the lint that came off him.

What troubled me, besides the whole damned thing, was what looked like clear milk skin in the water..it was transparent, looked like maybe a layer of his skin floating around the water. I mean, its understandable that it could just be a sticky film, but im still worried..

But he seems fine now, acting as ive read hes supposed to act..
Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #23 
LyzzaRyzz

Apparently

I got an African CLAWED Frog. o.O

I am going to keep him in the 2.5 for now, as hes only 1 1/18 inches long, and until I can set up my 39 gal.

From what i gather, they grow slowly, and live a long time..which is awesome!

My plan for the 39 gal is as follows..Bristlenose pleco, 2-3 clawed frogs...
Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #24 
LyzzaRyzz

Today was the end of my new ACF's QT, So i readied the tank for adding My betta, Zoolander, and my little barely-over-an-inch froggie. [Picture1]

Then I let Froggie float in his cup in the tank, and i took a picture, and managed to catch him blowing a bubble! [pic2]

He enjoyed himself for a while, and I put Zoolander in a see through cup, so he could acclimate, and see the new addition to his tank. He was staring at him, not flaring, just curious. [Pic 3]

When I released him, nothing happened. IOt was as if the frog wasnt there at all. Zoolander was mildly curious, but bthen he decided he couldent care less, and decided to dance for me, right in front of the frog! [pic 4 and 5]

The only thing Hes doing different is he seems to be obsessed with the bubbles from the filter. I think he thinks the bubbles are food, and then hes confused wen all he gets is air! But hes been eating air for a little while now..;lol [Pic6]

Froggie has wedged himself inbetween the heater cord and the glass, probably going to his "happy place".

Well see if its going to go peacefully!
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

You'll have to [pst pic of your baby rat.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #26 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
You'll have to [pst pic of your baby rat.
Oh believe me, I will! Its going to be next saturday though, the babies arent ready...=/ Disappointed, but its only til Saturday!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #27 
LyzzaRyzz

It shoulda stayed the way it was...

So last night i got a little excited, and decided to set up the Monster tank...[pic1] this took into the late night, cause there were parts I had to fill in, and normally, someone would just fill it with gravel, or plant plants there, but since i have neither extra gravel to throw around, or soil/plants, I was stuck filling it with water bottles, netting it off, and trying to pour a bit of gravel to cover it...The basics are there, and no fishy/frog can wiggle though, but its not the prettiest. =]

I floated Tyrion til this morning, and then released him, snatched up Senorita Frog, the first frog i got, and started to acclimate her,but she decided she didnt want to be in the cup and proceeded to jump out, and get herself stuck behind the"river rock" plastic peices in the tank. Believe me, i didnt put these things in, or they would be much better placed! As it is, Senorita went from one side, to another, while stuck in the plastic, then wedged herself into a hole where i couldent reach her for the life of me. So, i started swirling the water around, and despite her best efforts, she came fighting out of her little hole, [pic 2 its the smaller bump, underneath the top opening, which conveniently doesnt open into the smaller one. my fingers only bend one way!] And I had to do this a few times, cause getting her out of that opening was no easy feat!

It was when I released her, did i realize how lost she looked in the big tank, and How was she going to find the feeding portion, I suddenly felt it was a bad idea to move the frogs to such a big tankbeing so little, and since i feed them with a pipette, i was just nervous i was going to accidentally starve them. So, traumatizing the poor Senorita yet again, I took her and put her back in the 2.5, took Zoolander to acclimate in the big tank, and started emptying water. Im lucky enough that whoever put this monster tank together, did it so that with about 6 gallons of water, the tank is saftley seperated, giving me a safe place to house the bettas. Though one betta gets two sections, and one only gets one, i doubt they mind. [pic 3]

So as of now, the frogs are in the 2.5, yes, two African Clawed Frogs, each about an inch an a half, are in my 2.5 gallon...[pic 4]
I do have the 10 gallon empty, but no filter, as they are already set up in the monster tank. Im doing water changes everytime they eat, which is a few blood worms twice a day, from this food from tetra, called fresh delica, which is basically bloodworms in jello, and they go crazy for it!
Im not sure if im going to wait til they get a bit bigger, then move them, or just move them and put less water in there. They ARE tiny.

Hmm...ill think it through tonight.

Its feeding and water changing time, so ill leave you with this..[pic5]
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #28 
LyzzaRyzz

Tehe, the frogs eating...

IMG_1769.MOV - YouTube

You wont be sorry!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #29 
LyzzaRyzz

So, its been a while since i posted, but I have gotten another AFC female, though they havent grown..at all! Maybe they are dwarf ACF?
AQnyways, here sre some pictures, but my main reason for posting is my new babies! I got them at three weeks, a bit young, but they are doing just fine!

The first five are from the first day, the next ten are a few days after and the rest are them at four weeks...
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, they're so little. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote