Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #21 
Bambi

great pics. Also eagerly awaiting color outcoms from this
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #22 
bettalover2033

The video was great. Funny and nice. I like the little area you have for them. My room is the fish room because I wouldn't trust my breeding tanks anywhere else. I used to have a walk in closet.

You said it was part of the kitchen or something like that, but what do you mean?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #23 
BeautifulBetta

haha I like the tank setups. The mom looks eager to see you, so adorable :) I've taken over my basement full of fish lmao! I'd have them in my room, but the basement is where the nice woodstove is :)
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #24 
LilyK

Can't wait to see the outcomes of both spawns!
LilyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #25 
BettaMommy531rip

I find myself unwittingly sucked into another spawn log! Glad to see everything is alright!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #26 
tpocicat

After two spawns, I'm sure your male is ready for a little rest. Congratulations on two sucessful spawns!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 AM   #27 
GreenTea

Thank you everyone!

So far, so good. There are lots of fry, more than my first spwan. I completely forgot how small new fry are. Second time around though, I have a better strategy for cleaning the tank. My boyfriend is visiting me right now, and listening to me bark expletives every so often trying to catch fry after tank cleaning. It's amazing how fast they are! It's also amazing how small! I keep saying to the 6 week-ers "get big already!" but the I see these new ones and it's like I can't imagine them ever being that small. Crazy!

I have them on a diet of microworms and egg yolk. There's a mystery snail in their tank, as well as java moss and a moss ball. I took a video today, I will upload it now.

Mom and dad are doing great btw. Moms fins are almost completely regrown and her scales are coming back in nicely a well. She is perky as ever. Dad's doing well too, no depression. I'm setting up new tanks so he's in a large vase floating in my 6 week fry tank. I am debating whether or not to spawn these two again since they hit it off so well and she's so pretty, or spawn him with a yellow/white butterfly patterned female I have. Anyone want to weigh in there? Here's the yellow female.

She's has a bit of green in her fins and a bit of a pinkish sheen to her scales.

Video of fry is coming!

Last edited by GreenTea; 01-12-2012 at 03:33 AM.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 AM   #28 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
Thank you everyone!

So far, so good. There are lots of fry, more than my first spwan. I completely forgot how small new fry are. Second time around though, I have a better strategy for cleaning the tank. My boyfriend is visiting me right now, and listening to me bark expletives every so often trying to catch fry after tank cleaning. It's amazing how fast they are! It's also amazing how small! I keep saying to the 6 week-ers "get big already!" but the I see these new ones and it's like I can't imagine them ever being that small. Crazy!

I have them on a diet of microworms and egg yolk. There's a mystery snail in their tank, as well as java moss and a moss ball. I took a video today, I will upload it now.

Mom and dad are doing great btw. Moms fins are almost completely revgrown and her scales are coming back in nicely a well. She is perky as ever. Dad's doing well too, no depression. I'm setting up new tanks so he's in a large vase floating in my 6 week fry tank. I am debating whether or not to spawn these two again since they hit it off so well and she's so pretty, or spawn him with a yellow/white butterfly patterned female I have. Anyone want to weigh in there? Here's the yellow female.

She's has a bit of green in her fins and a bit of a pinkish sheen to her scales.

Video of fry is coming!
Ahh cant wait to see the video! So excited to see color outcomes of both spawns!
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #29 
GreenTea

Yeah me too :)

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t=MVI_3517.mp4
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #30 
SDragon

That female is pretty, but I dont know. I like your the mother of this fry better. At the same time, there would be more variety, if you bred him with the female in the tank.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote