Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #1 
animallover

Hidey places for betta from the catfish-visa versa.

Not sure where I should of posted this, please forgive me! Ok, I currently have a betta floating log, and two ornaments to hide in. I also have 6 plastic silk plants about 6 inches in height? Is this enough comfort for my corries and Betta? I will be adding the betta soon, there was a delay because 2 of the corries died and I need to replace them tomorrow before I put my Betta in. I just want to try to make them as comfortable as possible so they have a higher chance of being compatible!
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #2 
bettafish15

Can we see a picture of the tank? It's hard to imagine it :) What size is the tank?
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #3 
animallover

Ok, I will take a picture of it today and upload it. I went ahead and got one more hidey for the middle and an extra silk plant just to be safe! Oh I'm sorry, it is a 10 gallon tank. ( Well, at least for now,If I need to upgrade later for the Julli Catfish to have more space I will upgrade to a 20 or 20long. Thanks :)
Old 01-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #4 
bettafish15

I just remembered, my Bronze cories really enjoy the two terracotta pots I have in the tank, they stay there all the time (not the most brave fish >.>) so if you have the space to add those in the tank, I would get a couple small ones. They are SUPER cheap. Cories seem to be senstive to bright lights. Maybe let a plastic plant float at the surface too. :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 
animallover

That's a great idea for the pots! I have been looking for a plant that floats, can't find one. What about a reptile plant that floats? As for the pictures,I'm trying to upload it but it says my file is to big! I'm trying to convert to JPEG,but even then its 107kb.Do I just take Individual sections of the tank?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #6 
hedgehog

Anubias floats and is easy to care for. I don't do anything for mine and it's still going strong. Best of all my bettas love the broad leaves to sleep on. I think you can get it at petsmart but I know you can buy it online. I got my live plants from planted aquariums central and they were really nice--threw in some extra plants I wasn't expecting.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #7 
animallover

Thank you! I will look for it the next time I go, and will check out that website.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #8 
animallover

Ok..I am still learning on photos here! I have photo bucket temporarily to show the tank..bad pictures taken from cell phone-sorry. So once there type in"

animallover001 and then click users profile. I am unsure how to do links, will work on that!