Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #11 
xXGalaxyXx

Oh, I hate earthquakes! >.< We live two miles away from the San Andreas fault in Cali (quite literally x.x), so we get some big ones. Thankfully I've never lost a tank to one - only a small bowl that housed a sick Gourami, and I was able to toss him in another tank right afterwards. Sorry to hear about your tanks, though - hope the fish will be okay.
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #12 
Crayola

I'm from the north (Michigan) and we don't get earthquakes. I'd be terrified if one struck and my tank was claimed by the quake with my fish in it. I would burst into tears. It's a shame that your tanks were claimed by the earthquake, but I'm glad that you could get your babies into a source of water. I hope that they remain in good health.
Crayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

We had an earthquake here a few years ago but it didn't do any real damage. We get tornadoes here pretty often. I have a cousin in North Carolina whose house got completely destroyed in a tornado. Pretty much their whole farm got destroyed.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #14 
erinandares

I remember that little earthquake, DQ. Do you mean the small one that happened early in the morning? Because it woke me up and one of my friends got a black eye when it tilted a trophy on a shelf above their bed onto their face. o-o
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

ouch! D: trophy to the face.

And my twin (and a friend) were in Alabama when the 150 some tornadoes struck. THAT scared ME.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #16 
eaglescout434

about 2 or 3 months ago we had a 5.6 earthquake in oklahoma. Oklahoma actually has the most earthquakes of any state in the US but they are normally too small to feel. :/ I didnt have any fish casualties so everything worked out and i experienced my first earthquake lol
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #17 
Zappity

Oh gosh D: I'm glad your fishies are okay!! We don't have earthquakes really ever. A year or so ago, we had a tiny one that woke me up in the middle of the night, but I was half asleep so I was like, "Oh...why is the room *yawn* shaking? ohh must be a...*snore*" xD
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinandares View Post
I remember that little earthquake, DQ. Do you mean the small one that happened early in the morning? Because it woke me up and one of my friends got a black eye when it tilted a trophy on a shelf above their bed onto their face. o-o
Yeah, it was around6 in the morning or somewhere artound there. It woke me up, too and the first thing I thought was why is my bed shaking? lol Then I realized what it was.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote