Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #1 
PaintingPintos

How much would you pay for....

....a Polymer clay betta fish! It seems to be a good idea. I can make a bettafish out of polymer clay, sculpt it to look like yours, and paint it the same way.
1. One betta customization per person! Please try not to change your mind frequently....
2. 2D- only one side is painted and detailed. You could stick it to a magnet and put it on your refigerator. I will try to make it as realistic as possible compared to your betta fish. No other fish will be customed... that's for a different forum :D
3. The attached pictures are examples of what I have done so far... no ordering yet! I'll post in classifieds when I'm ready. Be sure to give a clear image of the chosen fish in your profile picture. ONE SIDE ONLY!! Fish cannot be in a full flare (3D gills would snap off too easily!!)
4. Cannot guarantee actual size of fish! I will create one from 3-5 inches long. I let the clay work into its own appropriate size and shape. Whatever looks good.

What's the maximum amount of money you'd pay for this creation? Just wondering because I only thought of this today. USD only. I'd probably have this shipped directly to your house. Thanks :)

PS the pics are quite poor in lighting....bear with me, people!!
Attached Images

PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #2 
BettaMommy531rip

I'd pay about anywhere from 2-3ish dollars. Some people will draw your bettas for free/$1, so I think about 3 dollars would be pretty good. They're really good! PM me right when you're ready to accept orders!

Last edited by BettaMommy531rip; 01-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

The second one looks like it's floating x)
And I agree. Because it's another art, and you want it to get out there, you wouldn't want to start out at say...10.00... plus then that way, as people buy them, and others sees them, or "word of mouth" spreads it about, you can work on different techniques, and learn how to create other cool stuff =D Or, at least that's what I do o.o
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #4 
miish

2-3 dollars seems a little cheap in my opinion
Maybe to start out and get the word out you can sell them for that much.
But I suggest adding up the cost of your supplies (clay, paint, shipping..) and then deciding from there. But if you get multiple bettas out of a box of clay then make sure to divide the cost of the box/bin/whatever clay comes in haha.
miish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

^+1
Old 01-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #6 
Laki

OOH!! They're pretty!
If someone here made and sold them in a flee market I say the going price would be between 5-10$ for a custom 5inch magnet. Since you also are incorporating the cost of shipping (would handling insurance be included?). Anyway, very good job!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #7 
PaintingPintos

Out of all the clay and supplies...it amounts to 4 bucks in my area for shipping and handling and clay and magnets... haha. I'd make it 6 but since you're saying it could be...er.....free... it may be just 5.50. After all, it's just another form of art, right? No need to be expensive for a custom, eh?
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

exactly =D I'd love to see more ideas from ya too :p