Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5251 
Zappity
Member
 
Zappity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilenez View Post
weekly water changes.
zoo med betta pellets.

what is it about her that makes you say she does not look good?
she is about 1 inch long currently and the photo was taken with my cell phone.
She just looked a little...not feeling so good in that picture to me for some reason xD sorry..
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #5252 
Cilenez
New Member
 
Cilenez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
She just looked a little...not feeling so good in that picture to me for some reason xD sorry..
oh ok.. i will see if i can get a better photo with my regular camera. and to tell you the truth, this baby was the best looking betta they had when i went. so i went with a baby. i know, i know.. i should have waited, but so far, she is doing well.
Cilenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #5253 
bettafish15
Member
 
bettafish15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Cilenez, I think Zappity asked because she seems to have stress bars, however I'm not sure that isn't normal in young bettas.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #5254 
Tappy4me
Member
 
Tappy4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
I was too lazy to go to photobucket to get the pics...so just uploaded them from my album on here.

Draco's home



Shadowfax's home



Big Red's tank (work in progress)
Tappy4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #5255 
Bombalurina
Member
 
Bombalurina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilenez View Post
i live in SW Florida, my current house temp runs between 74 and 80, no heater needed i think... we are having a very warm winter here..
That's a bit more variation than ideal, and 74 is definitely on the cold side. I'd get a heater just for temperature stability. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #5256 
missm83
Member
 
missm83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nj
Reds tank (i do have a filter just need to get the filter cartridge for it so its not in the tank yet) ITS not much but he seems to like it, 2nd day i had him he made a bubble nest
Attached Images
 
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #5257 
Gen2387
Member
 
Gen2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montréal, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilenez View Post
i live in SW Florida, my current house temp runs between 74 and 80, no heater needed i think... we are having a very warm winter here..
The temp of the tank will always be lower than the room temp. so if it goes under 76 I would def get a small heater.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #5258 
Gen2387
Member
 
Gen2387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montréal, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappity View Post
She just looked a little...not feeling so good in that picture to me for some reason xD sorry..
I think it's the stress stripes and the fins that look just a little clamped... but it might be because of the new environment, or if the water is not warm enough...
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #5259 
Cilenez
New Member
 
Cilenez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen2387 View Post
The temp of the tank will always be lower than the room temp. so if it goes under 76 I would def get a small heater.
sorry i was not able to answer your question sooner.
she now has a smaller heater and a small filter in her tank. temp is now around 78-79 degrees. i thought she was active before, but now she extremely active. eating well and fins opened fully. her fins are a beautiful red color now. thank you.
Cilenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #5260 
Nerd Rage
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012

Just made a betta tank after my wife had a spare tank to give me. I think it turned out pretty good.
And yes, I so went for the Asian theme XD
Nerd Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new 10 gallon home for my 2 rescued bettas<3 Wed Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 15 11-18-2010 05:46 PM
New home for my boys (pics) marshall2288 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 11 05-30-2009 09:49 PM
Maybe some of Vegans rescue bettas home... Livelifelaughlove Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 3 04-03-2009 04:30 PM
Where did the thread go for Betta tank/home pics? anastasiavixen Betta Pictures 3 04-02-2009 03:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.