Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #1 
Moclam

Exclamation Tanks bit the dust, aswell as Heaters!

So at around 3 AM, I hear dripping, and water dripping is never a good sign. And low and behold, BOTH of my tanks were leaking! Both! So I get my boys out of there homes like a bloody goblin popped out of the closet, and put them in the cups they came in, in my warm bathroom...I have no idea how this happened, and it's driving me crazy to figure out how both tanks, and both heaters are now roadkill.

Anyway, my main problem here is that I currently can't go out and buy new tanks and heaters at this very moment. I have to wait untill I get my money transfer, and that'll take anywhere from 3 to 5 days, and today's a Sunday. So how do I keep them well untill then? There such beautiful lads, I'd hate for them to perish because of this.
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #2 
a123andpoof

Keeping them in the bathroom is a good idea. I have heard you can keep them in the cups for a few days no problem. just make sure to do daily water changes and keep your bathroom as warm as possible. If you have any larger vases or clear bowls you could put them in them temporarily just to give them a little more space.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Dang....are both tanks glass and what size, can you tell where the leaks are at....maybe you can fix them with some silicone.....

And both heaters went out too....dang the luck.....

As posted all you can do is keep them as warm as possible-I would monitor the water temp pretty close and watch their behavior...(as I am sure you already plan to do)...if you have a large container that can hold a heater-that is if you can get one of them working-you could float the Bettas in their temporary cups in a heated container...just a thought.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #4 
LittleBettaFish

Are both tanks on the same stand? If so, it could be that there was some bowing and this has cracked the glass on both tanks.

If the water level dropped enough to expose the heaters, this could burn them out. If not, I'm not sure what would have caused them to stop working.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #5 
Moclam

@OldFishLady
There both glass, and one gallon each. I was keeping them in there untill I got payed so I could get something along 2 to 3 gallons. The leaks from what I can tell are from the bottom of the tank, However theres no crack from what I can tell.

The heaters are something my friend gave me to keep them warm untill I got the newer ones. There under gravel heaters, and pretty cheep from what I can see. Would something like ziplock containers be safe? Wont be clear, but it might get the job done if kept in my warm bathroom...

@LittleBettaFish
Nope. One was on a counter in the bathroom, other one on my nightstand. One after another they just started leaking. Then I checked the temp, and the same thing happened. Maybe something went wrong with my power supply through the night? I haven't a clue.
Moclam is offline   Reply With Quote