Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #101 
betta lover1507

no it dosen't i put them back on the heater, with a female that isn't feeling to hot. but i talked and only got back the heater, the heater is actually one of those room warming heaters, my dad believes betta's are fine is small places in cold water > so that's why he took it everything away, there just worried how my room looks, like if i have any friends >.> no one really comes in my room anyways
but there still is two, there the smallest as well why is that, also how could you check for any diseases on super tiny fish?

sorry i haven't said anything because i got banned it was my fault i should've knew better
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #102 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
no it dosen't i put them back on the heater, with a female that isn't feeling to hot. but i talked and only got back the heater, the heater is actually one of those room warming heaters, my dad believes betta's are fine is small places in cold water > so that's why he took it everything away, there just worried how my room looks, like if i have any friends >.> no one really comes in my room anyways
but there still is two, there the smallest as well why is that, also how could you check for any diseases on super tiny fish?

sorry i haven't said anything because i got banned it was my fault i should've knew better
To answer your question...i would use a magnifying glass to check for disease.

It wasnt your fault for being banned. It was a mistake. I spoke with DQ.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #103 
betta lover1507

well it is am the one that said "yes" and besides i am on my last strike to so i outta be careful

also i don't own a magnifying glass either, the two fry are still alive. i have prayed so many times for them to live >-< i can't loose hope am trying my best
i lost ANOTHER betta again
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #104 
betta lover1507

there is only one left the other one died for no known reasoning. am VERY worried right now, i don't know what to do D:
Old 01-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #105 
Bambi

how big is the fry?

I'm sorry this spawn hasn't worked for you. If you have a smaller tank(like a one gallon)you can move the fry into that and condition a new pair(Phantom and luna maybe?)
I would get some decap bse(you can get half a pound for $8 plus shipping) or frozen bbs(seven bucks at petsmat). brine shrimp is a really awesome food and will probably give you better results in your next fry, and frozen bbs or decap bse means you don't need a hatchery.

if they're worried about how it looks, it might be how everything is set up.

I've done the whole "tanks where I have space" thing and it looks horrible. xD

if you can convince them to get you a bookshelf at a yardsale or free from a site like creigslist or the pennysaver.
You'll have a place to put your books for school, notes for studying bettas, and what not on the top shelf.

Then you can set up your smaller tanks on a lower shelf and your spawning tank can go on the bottom shelf, out of sight and out of your parents mind(with a cover of course).
You can have holds cut/drilled in the back of the book shelf for cords for the heaters/filters/lights/whatever so it looks neat.

What grade are you in?

granted you still have classes like biology, you can tell them that you're studying them and their genetics.
If you're not yet in highschool you can tell them you plan to go into the honers biology course in highschool and that this will help you.

My bio teacher LOVED that I bred bettas. When we were discussing genes and the jumping gene I was able to wight pages on how my marble betta line was a great visible example of the jumping gene. I showed timeline pictures of my marbles changing colors.
This kinda thing gets you extra credit and shows dedication and responsibility.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #106 
betta lover1507

thanks bambi :) but luna is way bigger than phantom >.>" volcano is to small and young (chubo is just .... chubo glofish XD) I have lady amaya but she still recovering from fin damage (from phantom >->") also luna is either a VT or PK
i still have one fry, the tanks is pretty small, i tell them about the frosen BBS since i don't know how to use decap. but i could see what i do, since my parents have no money (to spend on anything) i have to wait.
am only in 8th grade, and mostly the teachers don't notice me, my homeroom teacher dosen't come to school a lot and they don't care about fish

i already have a bookshelf thing, my parents are planning to stack betta's in it :P like 13 more, since there going with 1 gallon tanks >.>"

also the fry is tiniest one of all of them :( by tomorrow they'll be 9 weeks old? i can't remember, and i already said they took all of my spawning equipment

Last edited by betta lover1507; 01-18-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #107 
tpocicat

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with your parents. It's obvious to me that they don't understand how important this is to you.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #108 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bambi, what is the jumping gene?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #109 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Bambi, what is the jumping gene?
DQ the "Jumping Gene" is a gene that constantly changes the bettas color.

This term is often associated with marbles and multicolors. Marbles are known for their beautiful colors and well changing color of course. The jumping gene is always in them and can usually change them to look like a completely different fish.

This is an article I read. (Great Info and amazing to read. Also easy to understand as well.)-
Betta Splendens - Half Moon, Double Tail, Crown Tail Bettas - The Ever-Changing Marble

It's pretty amazing how it works. Basically this gene (sometimes) will change the betta's color throughout it's whole life, which can be a bit frustrating to the breeder/owner/ect or it will be a beautiful surprise to the breeder/owner/ect.

All marbles have it, but many do not have drastic changes as the betta in the article. You will really appreciate and adore marbles even more than you do now, once you read the article.

I hope this helped.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #110 
BeautifulBetta

^ Wow. Thats insane. I tought sheldons changes were drastic, thats just ridiculous! LOL
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote