Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #1 
ldoerr

Help cottony growth!!!!!

I just noticed that one of my female bettas has a white cottony growth. I did a quick search and am guessing that it is a fungal infection. The only medications that I have are for parasites. There is no way that I can get to a pet store until saturday. I do have aquarium salt. How do I treat the fish with the salt? I have already moved her to a qt tank.

HELP!!!! She is my favorite. Help Rosie
ldoerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #2 
GreenTea

Hey welcome to the forum. Where is the white cottony growth? Tail? Gills? What size and temp is her tank, does she live with anyone else, and what do you feed her?

It could be a number of things including columnaris, bacterial infection, fin rot, slime coat shedding. If you can get us a photo it would greatly help. I would do 1 - 2 teaspoons of aq per gallon, premixed. Do not add salt directly to the tank. Add water conditioner as well if you don't already to remove chemicals from the water. Good luck and keep us posted.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #3 
ldoerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
Hey welcome to the forum. Where is the white cottony growth? Tail? Gills? What size and temp is her tank, does she live with anyone else, and what do you feed her?

It could be a number of things including columnaris, bacterial infection, fin rot, slime coat shedding. If you can get us a photo it would greatly help. I would do 1 - 2 teaspoons of aq per gallon, premixed. Do not add salt directly to the tank. Add water conditioner as well if you don't already to remove chemicals from the water. Good luck and keep us posted.
It is coming out of her gills. She was in a tank with 4 other female bettas (10g). I do not know the temp but it is in the 70s. I feed her aqueon betta pelets, but yesterday I few a brine shrimp cube (used 1 cube for all my tanks).
ldoerr is offline   Reply With Quote