Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #1 
pyro fiend

Question male veild change colors after months of owning..

okay. well i was wondering if this is normal. i got my lil guy taipan at walmart a few months back. when i got him he had fin rot a lil but his body was black. and his tail and some fins was orange. a few weeks later i notices part of his back near dorsel was blue. so i thought in due time that he would go blue and orange... anywho.. he kept this one wird stripe of blue thruout the months.

he was in a 3g and was acting realy down. when i had him in a 1g jug he made ALOT of bubble nests. when i moved him to the 1g. they stopped for a wiel then appeares in small dime shapes but higher then befor.. i moved him to a 3g a week or 2 later. lately he aint made a single nest and kinda mopes in a corner. i dont have a filter so i do water changes 20 50's a 100 and sometimes a 25%. the other day i decided id put him in a instant tea jar [cleaned ofcourse] and i left him in there to let there. he seemed happy! swimming around and having fun. so ive left him in there for a few days. doing a full water change once per day. he seems to have gotten more blue now! [he has been kept in heated water nt freezing or cold at all to the touche (my thermometer broke)]

so this is weird.. his blue aint over the black. like i kinda figured.. his orange dorsle is going blue. and a bit of his tail.. so why is this? is it natural?
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote