Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Red face Wow I'm Confused LOL

Ok I bought "Binky", a yellow Betta from the small local pet shop that I thought was a Female VT, but looking at the pictures on this site in the colors and Breed types of Bettas section, She looks like a Round Tail and possibly a Male? (There was no Female photo of that type) I think Male because my fish has bigger round fins than my other 3 Female Bettas and the gills are sorta bigger than my other Female bettas gills when she flares. I went out and bought another Female Betta "Spectra" from Wal Mart, I think she is a Mustard Gas colored Dragon?? IDK. I then went back to the small pet shop to buy 2 "twin" orange VT female Bettas "Lacey & Laney" that were living in the same tank. I took them all home and floated them a while in the 10 Gallon tank, then let them all out of their bags/containers together. The yellow Betta Binky picks on Spectra and has eaten almost her whole tail off by the next morning. I put Binky back into a Wal Mart Betta container and floated it in the same 10 gallon tank to keep warm. Binky does not pick on either of the 2 twin orange female Bettas at all.

Should I let Binky back in this weekend? And how can I tell for sure if Binky is Male or Female? It will be a week they were seperated, but could still see each other. Sorry I can not post pictures quite yet. I just moved and I have to use the library computers till I can get my own internet at my new home.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #2 
bettafish15

Check the length of her ventral fins (the dangly ones in front) If they are pretty short compared to a males, then its female. :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #3 
laughing

How about your post a pic?
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #4 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
How about your post a pic?
I said why I can not post a picture. I am on the library's computers for now till I can get my own internet again at my new home :) Binky my new fish kinda looks like my profile avatar picture of my past Betta "Kitty", R.I.P.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote